Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Nia

Thoughts on Nia

So I have developed a HUGE crush on this name. It ends in "a" which was one of my "cannots", but I feel it doesn't sing-song too much with my fiance's last name. (Pronounced AH-vee-lah although English speakers say uh-VEE-lah). And the pronunciation is identical in English and Spanish which is a big deal to me. I am saying nee-ah, but if you think it's pronounced differently, how do you say it?

What do you think of Nia? Is it too close to Leah and Mia? Does it work on a little Latina baby? Will it age well?

For the record, not pregnant, or even close.. I just have been obsessed with Nia lately and would like to hear other people's thoughts on it.

Hmm it sounds a bit too rhymey to me... what about the scottish name neila pronounced (nee-lah) it still sounds abit sing-songy but its not too bad or what about other N names here are some you could possible choose from ;

Nicolette
    (variations of this name; Nikolett(think this version is hungarian), Nicolette

Nicoline
    (this one is danish ..pronounced nee-CO-leena )

Nessa

Nele/Neele
    (these names are german and pronounced NEE-luh )

Nerissa
    (italian..and is pronounced the way it sounds..nuh-RISS-uh)

Nicoleta
    (Romanian, pronounced nee-CO-lET-uh)

Nikoleta
    (Bosnian.. thinking its pronounced the same as above)

Nasrin
    (persian/Iranian... im thinking nazz-REEN)

Nuala (Scottish/irish... pronouced NEW-lah)

Nerys (Welsh..i think its pronounced nair(*like the shaving product XD) ISS, so [nair-ISS])

I think thats all ive got..i hope u find a good name
    ♀ Neila Gabrielle, Myla Verena, Iryna Colette, Kria Elinor, Kria Aislin, Kria Pilar,Ivanna Dauphine, Ivanna delphine,Ivanna Yasmeen,Ivanna Jasmeen,

Also Nia means champion... to me Nia is okay but I love international names..and when I found Neila which is the feminine version of neil which also means champion..i was hooked lolzs.. but its up to you ..
    ♀ Neila Gabrielle, Myla Verena, Iryna Colette, Kria Elinor, Kria Aislin, Kria Pilar,Ivanna Dauphine, Ivanna delphine,Ivanna Yasmeen,Ivanna Jasmeen,

I like Nia well enough, but with the last name, it's too many ee and ahh sounds. What about Naia? (ny-ah, rhymes with Maia)

I'm not a huge fan of Mia or Leah and thus Nia doesn't really do it for me either. If your looking for great names that work well in Spanish and English there are a ton (I'm in the same boat just add German as a third required language). Including Chloe/Cloe, Ines (one of my favorites), and Miren.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...