Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lois ......ready for a comeback?

I am done having children, so not considering it for myself, but I have had Lois on my mind lately. It was my grandmother's name, very popular in the early 1900s. Lois is still quite "old lady" to me, but I can also see the appeal......I think it is a sweet little name that could conceivably fit in with some vintage girls names coming back (Eloise and Louise/a come to mind).
    What are your thoughts on Lois? Will she make a comeback, or will she be stuck with Gertrude, Ethel and the like?

Its my grandmothers name too. Lois Amelia actually. It seems more appealing to me lately. i wouldn't be surprised if itcame back eventually
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

Quote Originally Posted by wrenmaple View Post
    Its my grandmothers name too. Lois Amelia actually. It seems more appealing to me lately. i wouldn't be surprised if itcame back eventually
    I am with you in that is more appealing to me lately. I never considered it when I had my daughters, but I kind of wish I did.....at least for a middle.

I could see Lois making a comeback, especially with the popularity of all the other l names. It has a much nicer sound than Gertrude or Bertha, etc.
    **Annabelle Rose and Charles Frederick have completed our little family.**

My grandmother was a Ruth Lois and on the other side I have multiple aunt Loises.

I honestly can't imagine preferring Lois to most other L names out there. I am not a huge fan of Louise/Louisa but its better than Lois. For vintage L's, I vastly prefer Lillian, Lena, Lana, or Leora. Perkier, I like Laurel and Lily.

I loved my grandmom. I like many L names. I do really like Iris, which is old lady as all heck. But Lois? Not sure why, but no.