Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Lucy and Caspian in the same sibset?

Lately I've been crushing hard on Lucy. She's magical but familiar, historically established but not too common…I have yet to meet a Lucy. I love the saucy sweetness of her sound, the way the L and the C just dance off the tongue. And there are so many fabulous Lucy namesakes, like L.M. Montgomery, William Wordsworth's poetry collection, Lucy Cavendish, etc. And of course, there is Lucy Pevensie from the Chronicles of Narnia…but two of the books also feature a Prince Caspian as a main character.

My concern is that Caspian is one of the oh-so-very-few names in the world that my husband loves as much as I do. It's pretty tied to the Narnia books; the only other association is the Caspian Sea, and I love it for both those reasons. Lucy, on the other hand, is a very well-known name that is frequently used outside of the series and isn't as specifically tied to the books as say Tumnus or Jadis or Aslan.

So the question is thus: Are Caspian and Lucy too much together in a sibset? Other potential siblings would be Zion, Solomon, Alice, and Ophelia…does that help break up the Narnia-ness?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu