Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    When I see Caspian, I immediately think of Narnia. So when I see Lucy too, I think "Woowhee. they must really love Narnia." Now, the Narnia books are some of my favorites of all time, so it's not necessarily bad, but it's certainly a little theme. I knew a family with a Lucy and a Peter and it still made me think of Narnia, even though they also had a few other kids with non-Narnian names.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    When I see them together I do think Narnia. But they are very beautiful and magical, Lucy is exactly what you want, shimmering silver laughter! I would have no issue with Alice with these two, that would be three names from famous classic British children's literature. Ophelia too for that matter, it's also classic British literature and has that magic feel to it. Zion and Solomon (in my opinion) would sound out of place. They're so Biblical, dark and serious. I actually see these names divided into two groups:

Dark, serious, intense: Zion, Solomon and Ophelia
    Light, fun, magical: Caspian, Lucy and Alice
    I can see what you mean about that dark/light dichotomy...I think that's part of my "brightshadow" aesthetic. I've always loved putting opposites together for that extra surprise of contrast and texture, whether I'm naming or designing or cooking For example Solomon on his own seems very solemn and serious, but I feel like when paired with Fable, there's an added dreamy, shimmering, ethereal quality that I'm just head over heels for. I feel the same way about Ophelia Fawn.

Zion is the exception...I've always had him as Zion Anthony or Zion Nathaniel, and it's only been in the last year or two that I've discovered this love of word names as middles, so he's out of place at the moment. However, Zion has always been and will always be THE name for my oldest son. The name sort of chose me and it was a very spiritual experience, so he's set in stone. Maybe I just need to start a middle name thread for him and replace Nathaniel with something lighter

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    An Alice and even an Ophelia in there would lead me to believe literature was important to the family. That's not a bad thing.
    Literature is extremely important in this family I definitely want my children to feel connected to that world, so I love names with a lot of depth and story.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    The only downside I really see is if you have a Lucy and a Caspian, any other children wouldn't be as tied together as the first two. Lucy and Caspian adventured together, it doesn't get better than that. While other namesakes may have gone on their own adventures, Lucy and Caspian will always have the battle for Narnia and the Dawn Treader in common.
    As I mentioned to Ottilie, our set-in-stone name for our oldest son will be Zion. Also, Alice Willow is our favorite girls' name, so if we do have a Caspian and a Lucy, there will likely already be a Zion and an Alice in the picture. Does that make it feel less Narnia-crazy or is it still pretty unevenly balanced in that direction?

What about Lucia (loo-SEE-ah, not LOO-sha) nn Lucy? Does that even things out at all? I'm more drawn to Lucy, because I love the combo Lucy Morwenna, and Lucia Morwenna doesn't have the same flow. But as this is all very hypothetical at this point, I'm still really open to ideas
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I love Lucia, but only the way you pronounced it. Loosha just really feels like a missed opportunity. Lucy is my favorite girl's name, so I prefer it, but I'm attracted to Lucia as well for sure. But, using Lucia instead of Lucy when you REALLY love Lucy would be sad. I do think that having a few other kids does sort of soften the blow, particularly Zion, but any time I see Caspian I think Narnia, so adding Lucy doesn't really make it any worse. Alice, Lucy, and Caspian would be a little Oxford fantasy club. You just need a Curdie and a Legolas. I'm just kidding. I love all those names too.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I am not familiar with Narnia but I think Lucy and Caspian are great together. I am not one who thinks siblings need to coordinate in some fantastical way.

I actually know a sib set that includes a Lu.cy and a Cyp.rian. That's pretty similar. The other two kids are Feli.city and Cecil.ia, just for reference. It's a very Catholic family, in case you couldn't tell. :-)
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Jonah . Joe . Michael . Whittaker
    Dream Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker

Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Jillian . Sybil . Beatrice . Vesper
    Dream Combos: Clementine ??? . Margot Jillian . Diana Elizabeth

I totally agree with the light/dark thing, Sessh, I do it too! I like Zion, and I know the dream you had was very powerful and I understand why you need to use it. We just need to find a perfect little combo! What do you have in mind for Lucy and Caspian? I'll throw some suggestions out here that I think will go nicely with Alice Willow, Solomon Fable & Ophelia Fawn.

From your list, I like Zion Sparrow, Zion Swift, Zion Remiel and Zion Timothy. Also Zion Leveret (baby hare), Zion Zephyr (if you're up for some alliteration)

Lucy Juneberry (sorry, couldn't help myself), Lucy Snowbell, Lucy Vivendel, Lucy Myrrha, Lucy Fiol/Fioled

Caspian Hawthorne, Caspian Snow, Caspian Frost
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]