Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Daffodil

Like Daffy Duck? Daffy, often used as an insult or synonym for crazy? I don't care for it. Daffodil has a nice sound to it, kind of quirky and fun, but I can't think of any good nicknames.
    Other quirky flower names: Zinnia, Juniper, Poppy, Linnea, Pansy, Jonquil, Lupine.
    Gareth: 05.2012
    Baby #2 04.2014

What about the old nn Maisie. I think it is adorable and has the same feel. Or nn Poppy or Posey. Cleo is also really cute and fun.
    **Annabelle Rose and Charles Frederick have completed our little family.**

I love the flower, but not as a name. Would she be open to other floral names? Rose, Iris, Tulip, Primrose, Violet, Lily, Calla? I don't like Daffy, it makes me think of Daffy Duck. I think Daphne would be a better way to get to Daffy. Other than Effie, Ellie, Izzy, Hattie, Ginnie, Allie, Nanny would all be cute nicknames.
    Mother to William Joseph with baby Iris Corinne due at the end of March

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrytree View Post
    Like Daffy Duck? Daffy, often used as an insult or synonym for crazy? I don't care for it. Daffodil has a nice sound to it, kind of quirky and fun, but I can't think of any good nicknames.
    Other quirky flower names: Zinnia, Juniper, Poppy, Linnea, Pansy, Jonquil, Lupine.
    I agree. Daffy=Duck, or crazy person.

Daphne would be a sweet nickname for Daffodil.

My first thought would be Marigold nn May/Marie/Goldie though I love Hyacinth & Azalea as well
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot