Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The nickname Cricket for Felicity?

I saw somebody post about the nickname Cricket for Felicity and I really like it if it works! Can somebody explain how you get Cricket from Felicity? Do you like it/do you think it works?
    Audrey Cecilia - Jude Alexander - Christian Nathaniel - Violet Annabelle - Felicity Charlotte - and introducing Isaac Benjamin

My babies!

I think Cricket is sweet as a term of endearment, but I don't quite see how you can get it from Felicity. However, it has been my favorite nickname for Katherine for years.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

In all honestly, I never understood how anyone got the nickname Cricket for names.

I don't see why anyone would want to call their child Cricket either, I'm definitely not a fan of the name. Cricket to me is a sport or things to feed to snakes.

To me it sounds like a way to up the cuteness on otherwise androgynous Chris.

A NN for Christine, Crisanta, Christabel, Christiana, etc.

Or an elaboration on Kit, so yeah, back to Katherine and variants, as mentioned by PP.

I do wonder if the connection from Felicity was from Flick to Crick, though. Still sounds like a pain, and a rather unnatural evolution of NNs.

Quote Originally Posted by east93 View Post
    In all honestly, I never understood how anyone got the nickname Cricket for names.

I don't see why anyone would want to call their child Cricket either, I'm definitely not a fan of the name. Cricket to me is a sport or things to feed to snakes.
    I don't get it, either. I think it sounds kind of contrived and overly cutesy.