Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: India

Hybrid View

India

So I've always loved the name India, but my inlaws, who, to say the least, are not cultured and very close-minded. I was talking about my love for the name India and my mother-in-law says, "Well we're white, you're white. Why would you name her India?" UGH. Do you see what I have to put up with?! Anyways, both me and DH like it but the in-laws don't. Our other name is Margaret nn Maggie but we've been getting comments that its a bit boring. We also like Catherine but don't want a Will and Kate (our sons name is Will). Middle name would be Corinne after my mom, unless I can get talked into using it as a first. Other idea was Cora after my mom. What do you berries think? India Corinne, Margaret Corinne, Corrine, or Cora?

Thanks berries!
    Mother to William Joseph with baby Iris Corinne due at the end of March

I think India Corinne is gorgeous!
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

Well, your in-laws are kind of right. There's a lot of controversy surrounding the name India being used by a caucasian person. Maybe you should research it. I'm sure there are other threads dedicated to this on here. I found this one India - Should it be used? and this one maybe, Words you like but are inappropriate for names? For ex: Malaria

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

India isn't my cup of tea. It is a tad controversial imo, and there are some aspects and some negative associations I don't like about the country. It seems to leave me with a bad impression of the name in general.

I do think Margaret and Corinne are lovely, and I love Cora as a nn for Corinne. I don't think I could chose between those two.

I think I would do Corinne Margaret, nn Cora.
    Last edited by uselesskitty; February 20th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I don't personally care for India as a name. From your list, I think Corrine is the best. If you still love India, how about Indiana or Indigo?
    mommy to harper kay ~ 2010
    # 2 on the way! little boy is due july 2, 2014