Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Questioning our name pick

If our baby is a girl, we've been tossing around Vida or Kenzie and pretty much settled on Kenzie. But now I have some naming doubts and want to throw a new name in the game:

Nemera

It's hebrew, and after a fast google searched I learned that it means "leopard". What do you think of the name? I love it's uniqueness and that it has an animal meaning just like my son's name. I also think it sounds great with the surname (Wilde). But I would really love to hear some opinions on this name.

Thank you!
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas
    TTC 2014/2015

I like Vida out of the 3 choices. I have heard Nemera as a last name before. I really like your name

Hmmm, I certainly prefer Vida and Kenzie. And out of those two, I like both for different reasons. Vida is fun but I still think it will grow with a little girl. Kenzie is very cute and fun but might not age as well. Nemera is pretty, but so unfamiliar. Where is the syllable emphasis? Ne-MERE-a or NEM-er-a?
    Current loves: Theodore & Rosalind

Mommy to Arabella and Jude

Which syllable is stressed? Is it:

neh-MAIR-uh
    or
    NEM-uhr-uh?

Regardless, I like Nemera, and my second favorite on your list is Vida. I can't get into Kenzie because of the trendy McKenzie/Mackenzie. I feel like she would be viewed as "just another Kenzie," while Nemera's or Vida's name would actually catch people's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    Which syllable is stressed? Is it:

neh-MAIR-uh
    or
    NEM-uhr-uh?

Regardless, I like Nemera, and my second favorite on your list is Vida. I can't get into Kenzie because of the trendy McKenzie/Mackenzie. I feel like she would be viewed as "just another Kenzie," while Nemera's or Vida's name would actually catch people's attention.
    I agree completely. Nemera is very interesting and sounds marvelous with Wilde, and Vida would be my second choice. I could not condone the use of Kenzie, über-trendy sawed-off surname that it is, with brother Drake Zephyr.

My only concern with Nemera is that it's so unfamiliar that people might think you just made it up, which would be a shame.

Do you like any of the lion names for girls? Leona, Leonie, Leontyne?
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq