Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Questioning our name pick

If our baby is a girl, we've been tossing around Vida or Kenzie and pretty much settled on Kenzie. But now I have some naming doubts and want to throw a new name in the game:

Nemera

It's hebrew, and after a fast google searched I learned that it means "leopard". What do you think of the name? I love it's uniqueness and that it has an animal meaning just like my son's name. I also think it sounds great with the surname (Wilde). But I would really love to hear some opinions on this name.

Thank you!
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas

I like Vida out of the 3 choices. I have heard Nemera as a last name before. I really like your name

Hmmm, I certainly prefer Vida and Kenzie. And out of those two, I like both for different reasons. Vida is fun but I still think it will grow with a little girl. Kenzie is very cute and fun but might not age as well. Nemera is pretty, but so unfamiliar. Where is the syllable emphasis? Ne-MERE-a or NEM-er-a?
    Current loves: Theodore & Rosalind

Mommy to Arabella and Jude

Which syllable is stressed? Is it:

neh-MAIR-uh
    or
    NEM-uhr-uh?

Regardless, I like Nemera, and my second favorite on your list is Vida. I can't get into Kenzie because of the trendy McKenzie/Mackenzie. I feel like she would be viewed as "just another Kenzie," while Nemera's or Vida's name would actually catch people's attention.

I pronounce it like neh-MAIR-uh
    Last edited by killromance; February 20th, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas