Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: January?

I find month names weird. I know January Jones pulls it off, but she looks like January, so pure and blonde. And she's stunning. I think some of these names you need to be incredibly good looking to pull off. (But you are so it's ok!)

I think you need a less wordy name though, I looked at some of your other threads and found...

January Villanelle
    January Sestina
    January Sophronia
    January Naomi
    January Maeve
    January Sabine
    January Marietta
    January Talitha
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I find month names weird. I know January Jones pulls it off, but she looks like January, so pure and blonde. And she's stunning. I think some of these names you need to be incredibly good looking to pull off. (But you are so it's ok!)

I think you need a less wordy name though, I looked at some of your other threads and found...

January Villanelle
    January Sestina
    January Sophronia
    January Naomi
    January Maeve
    January Sabine
    January Marietta
    January Talitha
    Dude, I was just thinking about that! I think you're possibly right. You may have to be a real looker to pull off a name like January. And thank you for the sweet compliment :-) but I don't see my husband and I creating a January Jones looking creature. Although it is quite possible she could be a blonde or ginger as we both have light hair, and red runs in his family. (He has red hairs in his beard. I call it the rust belt. Haha! They look exactly like tiny copper filaments growing out of his face.) We are also fair. I in particular am crazy pale. So it could work. Maybe. :-)

I actually know of a real life January. A friend of a friend whose pictures I have seen on FB. She goes by Jan mostly. She is a tall, striking, pale, willowy blonde. It must be a thing. Hey maybe I can ensure my baby's tall willowy blondeness by naming her January! ;-)

In any case, as usual I like your suggestions. Maeve is particularly good. Right now tho I think I like January Alice best. Not sure why. Just works for me.

Thanks as always for yr thoughtful reply.

I've always loved it but I'm a sucker for month/day of the week names. I love that it could have the nickname "Janie" which I find absolutely adorable. I've heard people say that it would be weird for a girl not born in January but I think the only way it would be weird is if the parents actually hated the month of January, haha.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to suggest middles! I have January Olivia on my list. I think the popular (but still beautiful) Olivia helps balance out the uniqueness of January.
    Audrey Cecilia - Jude Alexander - Christian Nathaniel - Violet Annabelle - Felicity Charlotte - and introducing Isaac Benjamin

My babies!

Isn't January the name of the little girl who has very bad schizophrenia at a very young age? (I think they did a TLC show about her? Extremely sad situation.) That's who comes to mind when I think of January, unfortunately, it's just a sad association for me. (Though I doubt most people will know who that is).

Objectively, I can see the appeal, though. January Elizabeth really works, IMO (stealing from your other combo), it kind of grounds January and makes it approachable.

January is sweet - when I was little I had a stuffed animal that I called January. Like some mentioned above, I'd go with a short, sweet, and to the point middle name, like

January Claire
    January Rose (very striking, I think, since it's an anomaly)
    January Beth

(Personally, my b-day is in February, and I think that would make a fantastic month-name too!)