Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: January?

I find month names weird. I know January Jones pulls it off, but she looks like January, so pure and blonde. And she's stunning. I think some of these names you need to be incredibly good looking to pull off. (But you are so it's ok!)

I think you need a less wordy name though, I looked at some of your other threads and found...

January Villanelle
    January Sestina
    January Sophronia
    January Naomi
    January Maeve
    January Sabine
    January Marietta
    January Talitha
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I find month names weird. I know January Jones pulls it off, but she looks like January, so pure and blonde. And she's stunning. I think some of these names you need to be incredibly good looking to pull off. (But you are so it's ok!)

I think you need a less wordy name though, I looked at some of your other threads and found...

January Villanelle
    January Sestina
    January Sophronia
    January Naomi
    January Maeve
    January Sabine
    January Marietta
    January Talitha
    Dude, I was just thinking about that! I think you're possibly right. You may have to be a real looker to pull off a name like January. And thank you for the sweet compliment :-) but I don't see my husband and I creating a January Jones looking creature. Although it is quite possible she could be a blonde or ginger as we both have light hair, and red runs in his family. (He has red hairs in his beard. I call it the rust belt. Haha! They look exactly like tiny copper filaments growing out of his face.) We are also fair. I in particular am crazy pale. So it could work. Maybe. :-)

I actually know of a real life January. A friend of a friend whose pictures I have seen on FB. She goes by Jan mostly. She is a tall, striking, pale, willowy blonde. It must be a thing. Hey maybe I can ensure my baby's tall willowy blondeness by naming her January! ;-)

In any case, as usual I like your suggestions. Maeve is particularly good. Right now tho I think I like January Alice best. Not sure why. Just works for me.

Thanks as always for yr thoughtful reply.

I've always loved it but I'm a sucker for month/day of the week names. I love that it could have the nickname "Janie" which I find absolutely adorable. I've heard people say that it would be weird for a girl not born in January but I think the only way it would be weird is if the parents actually hated the month of January, haha.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to suggest middles! I have January Olivia on my list. I think the popular (but still beautiful) Olivia helps balance out the uniqueness of January.
    Audrey Cecilia - Jude Alexander - Christian Nathaniel - Violet Annabelle - Felicity Charlotte - and introducing Isaac Benjamin

My babies!

Isn't January the name of the little girl who has very bad schizophrenia at a very young age? (I think they did a TLC show about her? Extremely sad situation.) That's who comes to mind when I think of January, unfortunately, it's just a sad association for me. (Though I doubt most people will know who that is).

Objectively, I can see the appeal, though. January Elizabeth really works, IMO (stealing from your other combo), it kind of grounds January and makes it approachable.

January is sweet - when I was little I had a stuffed animal that I called January. Like some mentioned above, I'd go with a short, sweet, and to the point middle name, like

January Claire
    January Rose (very striking, I think, since it's an anomaly)
    January Beth

(Personally, my b-day is in February, and I think that would make a fantastic month-name too!)