Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lulabelle: is it too....something?

What are our thoughts on Lulabelle? And yes, I realized since my girl name plans began at "Andrew" (no longer a contender) I am really running the gamut but here is my thinking:

PROS:
    -I'm basically trying to get to Lulu (and my interest in Eloise has waned)
    -Lulu was my great grandmother's name but she hated it so pronounced it "Lula" all her life
    -I can't just go with Lula because daddy's last name begins with a "la" sound
    -Yes, I know that's alliterative and I like that

CONS:
    -It's...I don't know... country?
    -My issue with Lulu on its own is it doesn't have enough gravitas for an adult & Lulabelle hardly has more
    -My cat's name is Annabel (i.e. a bad sibset, even though one sib has fur)
    -I hate all names that end with "bella" and I worry people will accidentally call her Lulabella because of the -ella epidemic
    Last edited by jenna5128; February 19th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

Lulabelle would be even harder for a little girl to grow up with than Lulu. I don't really have a way to improve Lulabelle other than to scratch it off the list and use another name with the "loo" sound.

Louise/Louisa
    Lucetta
    Lucine
    Lucinda
    Melusine
    Tallulah
    Luella
    Luana
    Luna
    Lumina
    Lumiere
    Luanda
    Lucy
    Lucia
    Luciana
    Lucienne
    Lucille
    Alouette

You could always use a double barrel name with a -Lou ending.

Mary-Lou
    Emmy-Lou
    Ruby-Lou
    Thandie-Lou
    Vera-Lou
    Sophie-Lou
    Emma-Lou
    Amara-Lou
    Verity-Lou
    Sadie-Lou
    Sarah-Lou
    Gemma-Lou
    Sonia-Lou
    Tonya-Lou
    Anna-Lou
    Aria-Lou
    Patricia-Lou
    Fiona-Lou
    Jenna-Lou
    Josie-Lou
    Cora-Lou
    Last edited by namelover77; February 19th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I really, really, um...dislike Lulabelle. If you're just looking to get to Lulu, how about Lucy? It's so much simpler and less frilly, yet still girly and cute, and people definitely know how to pronounce it. I adore Lucy, and you could nickname your little Lucy Lulu.

I LOVE Lucy but my husband hates it. And it can't end in "La" because his last name starts with "La" so that kills Tallulah, which I also love. I pitched "Ana Lucia" but he vetoed all double barrels. This is how I arrived at Lulabelle, but I'm considering just "Lulu" now, gravitas or no.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

I think it's very cute for a toddler... less so for a woman.
    Luella would be elegant on an adult. You could always nn her Lulu from that too. Even call her Lulabelle as a special nn.
    Another idea- go for Eloise still but put a Belle name in the middle spot to give the nn Lulubelle.
    Eloise Rosabelle or Eloise Mirabelle
    BABY GIRL FINALLY DUE 5 October after 2 Years of IVF
    Delivery booked: Debuting on or before 26th September!

Current favourite "top" 3 girls names for little Miss: Phoebe Rose Eloise
    Other (MNs probably) we like: Matilda Madeleine Charlotte Eliza Violet Kate Jade Elizabeth Iris Scarlett Felicity Chloe

Current (but never to be used...) favourite boy names: Oliver Thomas Henry William Alexander Flynn Liam Hugo Isaac Bennett Nikolai Reid Edward nn Ned Gus Tobias Austin Blake