Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    They're fine but a little generic. Haines is the most interesting but if you already have 2 H surnames it might be overkill. Ables is a little too allegorical for the hero.

Owen is a more interesting name than Chris, so if you choose Chris you need to have a more distinctive surname. With Owen you can get away with something like Graham (though I wouldn't use a first name as a surname as it can confuse your readers).

It seems like you're gravitating towards Irish/Anglo-Saxon names and that's the ethnicity you'd like your character to have. Ideas:

Chris Brannock
    Chris Jeffries
    Chris Marshton
    Chris Abbott
    Owen Trask
    Owen Durand
    Chris Eads
    Chris Gardiner
    Chris Ivers
    Chris Lowell
    Owen Millhouse
    Chris Norwood
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Thanks so much for the help, blade. I love writing, but I think I am the worst person in the world for naming characters.

I really like Owen Trask.

About Haines, I could change the character with the lastname Harbor. I've been up in the air about that characters last name also. However, Hawkins has to stay. It totally fits that character and I've never had any doubts about it.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

great, glad you liked it.

If you liked any other surnames on the list above, you could swap out Harbor for one. Harbor is a tough name because it's a little too word-namey to be taken seriously; it automtically reduces the character to a bit of a stereotype. Like you're shouting at the audience "this character is good and safe! like a harbor!"
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Name sterotypes are so tough. As you say, the last name Harbor having a safe vibe to it. I don't get how some names are pulled off. One of the best t.v. shows ever is Lost and I always thought the charater Ben Linus had such a sterotypical name because Linus.....he was a character nobody could trust. Lie....Linus...the last name was too obvious. Now, John Locke....that was a brilliant name. John is a strong name, and Locke sort of feels mysterious and John Locke was a character who was hard to figure out.
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

I'm going to go with Owen Trask. It sounds harder with Owen which has a soft sound to it. This character was a little bit of a rebel growing up and his wife is the one that keeps him in line. As much as I like Owen Hines, Owen Trask just sounds a little tougher.

Now, Owen's wife....I've been calling her Penny. She just feels like a Penny. However, their seven-year-old daughter, who I was calling Cassidy; I think I'll have to change it. Cassidy Trask might be too much of a mouthful? Any suggestions?
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-