Names Searched Right Now:

Question First impressions on these character names. What fits best? (kind of long)

General thoughts/impressions of these names:

Bernadette "Brett"
    Cecily "Cece"
    Vivienne "Viv"
    Amelia "Mia"
    Georgiana "Gia"

She's 17, and the daughter of an East Coast Politician. She's savvy, practical, driven, and passionate about her philanthropy work. She does a lot of public speaking and is completely comfortable attending galas and benefit dinners with the most powerful men and women in D.C. but lost when it comes to interacting with kids her own age. For all of her intelligence she is naïve and far too trusting... Then she is diagnosed with cancer and things change.

Physically she's short and thin (from cancer) and is very self-conscious about it. She's pale with short blonde hair (it fell out during chemo and is now growing in), dimples, and green eyes. In the beginning she looks kind of sickly and delicate, but she regains her strength both physically and mentally throughout the novel.

What fits best?

Thanks!
    Last edited by briar; February 23rd, 2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: removed a few names and shortened description
    Writer-Berry Mama of Tiny Dancer (Aug '07) && Wrecker Ball (May '10).

a list made of leather and lace;
    Afton Bernadette Calloway Cameo Cecily Daphne Echo Eliza Francesca Giovanna Isadora Katya Lumi River Saffron Vivika Waverly Willa
    Ambrose Beckett Booker Desmond Everest Fox Hawkins Killian Lennox Mercer Nikolai Quaid Rafe Reed Teague Viggo Wilburn Zeke

Bernadette "Brett"- Tomboy, short but athletic figure, messy short brown hair, likeable
    Cecily "Cece"- Reddish brown or brown hair (wavy or ringlet curls) thin figure, bright, pretty eyes, very intelligent, slightly mysterious, fun to be around, a little naive
    Vivienne "Viv"- Dark brown or black hair, energetic (but not overly so) fun-loving, has many friends but can be antisocial
    Mariette Louise "Marlo"- Quirky, blonde or brown hair, maybe with glasses? generally nice, sometimes viewed as 'weird', not concerned with her image
    Matilda "Mattie"- smart, confident, wise, logical, brown hair, maybe glasses, dresses nice but doesn't try too hard
    Mirabel "Mira"- quiet, kind, empathetic, good dancer, brown or very light blonde hair
    Amelia "Mia"- I don't really have one 1st impression as I know an Amelia and several book and anime characters
    Georgiana "Gia"- I don't really know...
    Evelyn "Eve"- smart, kind, artistic, soft voice, dark brown hair, blue eyes

I think Georgiana fits her personality the best. I pictured someone who had an opinion, who was driven, was energetic, but had weaknesses. In my mind though, a Georgiana has auburn hair. (Not that it really matters though, its your story! ) My second favorite is Cecily. If you go with Cecily, I would call her by her full name, not be Cece. Good luck!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

Thanks for the replies!

I'm leaning towards Amelia "Mia" or Georgiana "Gia" (I'd prefer to use Georgie, but it wont work in my book because of similar sounds to other key characters)... I asked the question on behind the name and got answers split right down the middle as to which one is better! Lol... any opinions?
    Writer-Berry Mama of Tiny Dancer (Aug '07) && Wrecker Ball (May '10).

a list made of leather and lace;
    Afton Bernadette Calloway Cameo Cecily Daphne Echo Eliza Francesca Giovanna Isadora Katya Lumi River Saffron Vivika Waverly Willa
    Ambrose Beckett Booker Desmond Everest Fox Hawkins Killian Lennox Mercer Nikolai Quaid Rafe Reed Teague Viggo Wilburn Zeke