Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's a...

Congratulations!

Wow, I had no idea they would even venture at guess at gender that early on! Amazing!
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Ché l Omri l Fern l Celia l Orla

Wellll.... firstly, congratulations on your healthy baby.

Secondly, this is kind of a hot topic in ultrasonography, whether or not the angle of the genital tubercle at 12 weeks is sufficiently different to make a prediction. [If you saw the genitalia of a female fetus at 12 weeks, you would think it was a boy-- only after this point does the size of the tubercle regress quickly].

Subsequent follow-up scans show that the 12-weeks prediction is very slightly better than 50/50. If it were me I'd wait till the formal anatomy scan before hanging my hat on the findings.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Oh my gosh. That's very exciting, even if it is a little early to tell! Makes it more real.

I'm going to be around 12 weeks next week, and I will be stoked if they hazard a guess as to the gender. I doubt they are going to indulge me. Maybe it would make all this morning sickness feel more worthwhile, though!

I think they told me pretty early on with our daughter, but the tech was very, very careful to say that they really weren't supposed to say, yet. Based on the nausea (which is more in line with what I experienced with our daughter than with our sons), I will be shocked if we are not having a girl. Happy either way, though, (seriously!).
    Mom to James Daniel (9), William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

Thank you everyone! I'm not painting any rooms pink yet, but my tech seemed pretty sure she was a girl.
    Baby girl due September 2, 2013!

Guilty pleasures: Anastasia Isadora/Isidore Nicodemus Persephone Darrow Opaline Aurelia Chloe Mirabel Camelia