Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry When it's THE name, but your partner disagrees?

I just know that I'm going to run into this problem later on if we do conceive. Last night, if you saw my thread over on the girls' names board, I was really debating on the flower name Calla. It was received well and I love it for it's short and sweet, uncommon, but familiar qualities. I brought it up to DH, and as expected, he shot it down. I think I love it a little much to let it go just like that.
    So, what do you berries do in these kinds of situations? Has it happened to you? It really annoys me that he is always vetoing my names, but he doesn't make any suggestions.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Darling, men usually don't enjoy discussing names unless there is an actual baby to name. When there is, you hand him a baby name book and he'll find some names, I'm sure. You can of course do it now, but the men I know have not been very interested in talking names before a baby is a reality. Men are also (for the most) more practical and less adventurous than us ladies when it comes to naming. Now, if he doesn't like a name you'll have to let it go. Baby is (will be) his as well. What if he brought up a name he loves that you hate, would you think it was fair and decent of him to keep pushing it? Good luck!!!

Edit: By the way, this was in no way meant to be condescending or mean or anything like that.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Also, don't be so sure he will ever pick a name. My husband refused to look at names with me and vetoed everything I liked - now my little girl is six months old and I'm facing a legal name change because we ended up with the wrong name - because in the end he just randomly picked a name off a list "that he didn't hate". Lovely. I refuse to have my daughter named something that random, so I'm changing it once I figure out what her name is SUPPOSED to be!!!

Hmmm, I suppose I haven't thought of it that way! You're right. But it's just so hard for me to settle for something else that I don't love so much at all.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I understand, it can be incredibly frustrating. Is he up for discussing names at all? You could ask him to make a little list for you with names he likes, and then try to find names along the same line (and we can help you!).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]