Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Northwest Baby Names?

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I want to give this baby a name as unique as my hometown (Seattle).
    Can you help me with some Northwest sounding names?

Maybe something like River,Rain,Emerald? Too Hippie dippy?

Your thoughts? Help!

Hmm. What are some things you love about Seattle? River, Rain, and Emerald are a bit literal for my taste but work well for some people. Are you looking more to convey a feeling?

Roscoe and Sylvan both make me think of forests and deer and dew. Sylvan comes with cool guy Sly nn or laid back Van.
    Irving - green water/friend - hip nn Ving built in.

I'm sure some others who are better at matching names with imagery will chime in. This is @ottilie's realm of expertise
    Last edited by tk.; February 18th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Can't help you as I've never been there, but if Sessha comes for a visit to this thread she might have some ideas. All I know about Seattle is that it rains a lot (I've been to Victoria in Canada and that's pretty close so I'm imagining some of the same), and that there's a spaceneedle. However, I am at the moment looking at photos from Washington and Oregon, and it is crazy beautiful.

Rainier's on my boylist (there's a mt Rainier nearby) and I like Tara's Sylvan and Irving suggestions.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I went to school with a girl named Sahalie (S-ah-H-AH-l-ee), after Sahalie Falls in Oregon. I always thought that was really pretty.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I spent a lot of time on mt. rainier growing up hiking and picnicking with family. Never thought of Rainier as a name tho. hmm... very interesting.