Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

All I get are negative opinions on this name...

Eugene.

I love it, especially the nickname 'Gene' and yet everyone says that it's a nerd name or an old man's name - it's really annoying. What are your honest thoughts on it?
    Matilda, Beatrix, Lucille, Margo, Ivy, Guinevere, Isadora, Violet, Ada, Alice, Hermione, Cora, Elizabeth, Flora, Olive, Sybil, Isolde
    Felix, Henry, Ambrose, Darcy, Asa, Ezra, August, Oscar, Theodore, Edward, Clark, Arthur, Jasper, Winston, Percival

Eugene isn't horrible, but it does strike me as an old man's name. Gene is much cooler - there is something sleek about it.
    Favorites:

Audrey * Margot * Josephine * Elizabeth * Katherine * Madeleine * Natasha * Amy

Alexander * Julian * Gabriel * Adrian * Laurence * Henry * Damian * Benjamin

Its nms, however not a horrible name. I think.there are a lot of names that people didnt choose for years that are starting to come back or at least be in consideration. More girls than boys names but regardless, if you like it then go for it! I think of Eugene Levy and "baby Gene" from Mad Men.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I don't mind it, but it does sound like one of those clunky-cool hipster names. I would actually find it refreshing to meet a little Eugene amongst a sea of Jacksons and Jaydens.
    Gareth: 05.2012
    Baby #2 04.2014

Gene is very dreamy, but this is one time that I have agree with the commentary and suggest that you go straight to the nickname. Gene is the only redeeming part about it, and it's not enough for me to endorse Eugene. Go for Gene.

Also, to quote Jim Carrey, whose middle name this is, "You can never get too cool with a name like Eugene."
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell