Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Does this name remind you of an old lady?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 5.45%
  • No

104 94.55%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Too "Old Lady?"

Too "Old Lady?"

hi everyone! i have always loved the name stella and we are considering naming our first baby (if it is in fact a girl!) stella. this was my husband's grandmother's name as well so it holds a special meaning for us. our last name is gold. the two names together sound a bit old lady-ish / ethnic to me, but perhaps i am being a little over analytical. please help: what do you think?

thank you!

I don't think it sounds old lady-ish at all! In fact, I think Stella Gold is really pretty. I love the first name Stella, and to me, it sounds the opposite of old lady-ish — it sounds fresh, fun, and creative. I also love the meaning of Stella, which is "star." Gorrrrrgeous. Go for it!

No, not at all. If anything, I hear it more on new babies than I ever heard on an older person. Love Stella!

Stella seems very young and fresh to me. Not old lady at all!

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

The only Stella I know is someone my grandma's age, and she comes across as quite stuck-up at times, so I do have the old lady association with the name.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George