Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with girl names!

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]

Hey everyone. Thanks for taking the time out to help me . A friend of mine is having a baby and she asked me to come on here and look for a name because she is not very savvy when it comes to forums. She needs a girl name that is European (even Persian or another language, just as long as it's easy to pronounce and is pretty!) It also must end in the letter A!

Here is the name that she likes so far: Milena (pronounced mee-lane-ah) I believe it's a Serbian name. She could spell it as Milena, Malena, or Melaina, but she hasn't decided yet.

Also, she told me to add in that she does not like French names so please do not suggest any.

Thank you!
    Last edited by call_me_anna; February 18th, 2013 at 03:47 AM.

~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Regarding the name Milena: I used to like this name until I started working in emergency rooms. Unfortunately the name/term "Melena" (a medical term in English) or any of it's variations has been tarnished for me. I guess it may depend where you want to use it, I don't know if it's the same in Europe but you may want to research the medical definition first. There were a couple women who came into hospital with a variation of that name and there were definitely some remarks about their names.

I like Ophelia and Katriona
    Good luck!

Do you know what she means by "European?" Does she just want something pretty and non-American sounding? Nothing wrong with that-- I was just confused since Europe has so many countries.

I think Saskia is nice, as previously suggested. Eliska and Mattea would work too.

Quote Originally Posted by r_j View Post
    Do you know what she means by "European?" Does she just want something pretty and non-American sounding? Nothing wrong with that-- I was just confused since Europe has so many countries.
    Well, I used to get into internet fights over names with Serbian and Croatian (these two countries are next to each other) people and from what I hear, I guess she wants something serbian or croatian sounding, but has no idea which name to choose (have poor variety of choice, etc.)
    Last edited by theclocktowerofjoy; February 18th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.