Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

middle child problems

My parents are both from families of three children, and they decided to have only two. Everyone I talk to seems to say it's never good to have an odd number of kids, the middle child is always the most difficult, blah, blah lol. help me defy the stereotypes with your stories! tell me how great your middle baby is!
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

I have no great stories, I'm one of those 'no odd numbers' for kids kind of people. I will have 2, or 4, or 6, or 8 or 10 even, but never 3, 5,7,or 9! I come from a family with 3 kids, and my middle brother is a complete mess. This has also happened to a few other families I know, but then again, along with anything else to do with kids, you can't stereotype. A middle child could hypothetically be just as well-adjusted as the first and last child, or the first child could be a total mess compared to the middle child.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

My best friend is a middle, and while she can be quite anxious and neurotic, she's generally well adjusted!

She's successful in her career and is about to get married to a wonderful man.

I'd say she's the most successful and happy of her siblings.

She's bustin up the stereotype!
    Mama to big kitty Jasper

a feel for the names i adore:
    http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/40723

My mom is the middle and she turned out far better than her brothers.

I'm a middle child! Honestly, the only problem I've ever had being a middle child is people telling me there should be a problem. I'm good at negotiating and communicating, skills the middle child needs in order to deal with their siblings. I do have a certain need for acceptance and pleasing people, which I'm guessing comes with the territory. You have a bossy older siblings and the noisy do as I please little one, you need to be calm, collected, fair, open minded and pleasing (a certain amount of this anyway) as a middle child. Most of my middle child friends are independent and creative, none of them real trouble makers.

I think if you ignore your middle child there will be a problem. If you're a good parent you will love and make as much time for your middle child as the first and last born. Don't make a fuss about someone being a middle child and they will be fine.

Famous middle children (to name a few):
    Anne Hathaway
    Bill Gates
    David Letterman
    Glenn Close
    John F Kennedy
    Martin Luther King, jr
    Nelson Mandela
    Princess Diana
    Sarah Jessica Parker
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014