Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Personally, I don't believe you necessarily need to go super masculine with a boys name. In my neck of the woods, Finley is super popular for girls. I've never met a boy named Finley. So it's a girls name to me. I've debated this before myself since I have a daughter named Rowan. If I have another girl, am I going to use another unisex name?

I like the suggested Calvin and Graham for you. What about Quentin or Vincent?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Out of your initial choices, Theodore and Grant would have to be my favorites!
    Baby #1 Due July 3, 2013

It's a BOY: Jon Clifford Langhorne L--

I hear that many of you like Declan and some others from our lists....I only shared them for reference as we won't be using any of them. Telling me how much you like my husbands choice is making this harder on me! I don't want to use that name. Call it pregnancy hormones or lack of sleep, but I need NEW ideas!!! Thanks for the great ideas that have come in. So far the ONLY one hubby will consider is Calvin (which means bald...and my best friends Brussels griffin's name...a cute but "interesting" looking dog...but I'm still considering it bc hubby likes it and I think it's cute). Otherwise, he is making this really hard bc he doesn't give many great names a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    Personally, I don't believe you necessarily need to go super masculine with a boys name. In my neck of the woods, Finley is super popular for girls. I've never met a boy named Finley. So it's a girls name to me. I've debated this before myself since I have a daughter named Rowan. If I have another girl, am I going to use another unisex name?

I like the suggested Calvin and Graham for you. What about Quentin or Vincent?
    I understand. I wondered the same thing if I had a girl. I decided I would pick a name I like but nothing too frilly. Since we're having a boy, I haven't worried too much bc finley is also a girls name around here. I think in the end, and with as much trouble we are having, I'm not going to worry about the gender thing bc we just need something we both like. Since I'm such a name junkie it breaks my heart to settle! We already have a middle (Timothy or Tolliver after my dad who died when I was 19) so using my fave in the middle isn't an option either.

The names I fell in love with and had a hard time letting go of were: Theodore (teddy or Tad), then Luca, then Felix (which I just would have been completely happy with) and most recently Soren. I cried when hubby finally admitted he didn't like it!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

natalielittleroman: I love Leo with Finley - I think it meets all your criteria - short, masculine, and perfect with sister Finley. (And Leo reminds me of Theo.)
    I also love a little Callum or Calvin for you, nn Cal!
    Another idea is to go with Miles, nn Milo. What do you think?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace, Luke Donovan