Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Name nerd can't even name her own baby!!!

Hi fellow name lovers!!! I'm a nameberry regular...which is why it's so surprising to me that my baby boy will be here in 4-5 weeks and we have NO names for him! My husband and I threw out our lists today bc we didn't love each others favorites and we were getting nowhere. I don't know if I'll find anything I like better than the ones I had on my list!!! Please share some names along the same vein as our favorites...I will be so appreciative of any help! Let e know if u need more info from me.

My favorites:
    Felix (my #1)
    Enzo (or Lorenzo)
    Theodore (teddy, nn)

Hubby:
    Declan (he adores it)
    Gavin (I like it...but may be too common)
    Grant (too short)

More info:
    Our last name has 4 syllables
    Our daughters name is Finley Kate Helena
    Past contenders (for style reference): Henry, Asher, Oscar, Tobin, Luca

I tend to like quirky, charming names that stand the test of time. PLEASE HELP nameberries!!!!!!
    Last edited by natalielittleroman; February 17th, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Hmm... I really like Theodore and Gavin from your lists.

Other suggestions:

Leo
    Quincy
    Walter
    Frederick
    Broderick
    Sylvester
    Landon
    Jonas
    August(us)
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

What about Graham? Or Graeme? It is similar to Gavin, but more unusual.

I love Felix too. Remind your husband that guy who jumped out of space down to earth was named that. Maybe it'll make it more athletic and cool in his eyes.

With a daughter named Finley a son's name needs to be strongly masculine in order to gender-differentiate.

I don't think Enzo, charming as it is, meets your criteria. It's a nickname in Italy along the lines of Johnny or Tad. Felix and Finley are a little too close, and Theodore is unobjectionable but a little staid next to sprightly Finley.

From your husband's list, Declan really works. It's masculine and quirky, Celtic to match your daughter, and uncommon. Gavin is a little passe and Grant is very strong and charming, but if you think it's too short, it's too short. Personally I think Grant + 3-syllable surname would sound nice.

Duncan
    Anselm
    Louis
    Miles
    Ronan
    Desmond
    Laurence
    Sergio
    Azzo
    Wallace
    Quentin
    Carlo
    Mitchell
    Nolan
    Pierce
    Ross
    Byron
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

I like Theodore but deteste the nickname Teddy, and I really like Gavin - I don't know about America but in England it's not popular at all, I've only ever met one Gavin and that's my cousin! From your past contenders I love Henry and Asher, and I like Tobin (prefer Tobias). What about: Arthur, Isaac, Lukas, Selby, Sidney, Samson, Bennett, Olivier, Tristian, Raul, Mackenzie, Griffin?
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith