Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile help naming 3rd in a sibset

Hi There,

Just after some thoughts on names for our 3rd child, trying to pick a pretty name but also a name that fits in with my 2 other children. They are:

Evan Thomas
    Isla Grace

Some names on our short list are:

Audrey (I have always loved but hubby went off it last time which is why we have an Isla and he still doesn't love)
    Ava (in top 20 in Australia)
    Darcy
    Lily (hubby's choice, I went off it due to popularity, in top 20 in Australia)
    Violet
    Zoey (in top 20 in Australia)

My issues are whether I need to stick to our apparent 4 letter naming theme, I don't think I do of course but will a 3rd child with a longer name sound odd? (even though we aren't looking at any particularly "long" names as such). The other thing is so many of the names we like are so popular, I realise Isla is zooming up the popularity charts so I guess it doesn't really matter. Evan isn't in the top 100 yet he's already got another Evan in his preschool class, go figure!

Any thoughts? Open to name suggestions!

Thanks

I have an Isla too - Names on our list are Iris, Ivy, Piper, Adair Josephine (Josie) Magnolia, Carys, Eleanor, Hattie/ Harriet, Amelia, and Lorelai. We asked people about the long/ short thing also because we really like Josephine but DD1 is Isla Rose - short and sweet. No one seemed to think it was an issue, but it still sort of bothers me.

With Evan and Isla, I like Darcy. Thoughts on Brianne, Avery, Camryn, Kristen, Meg, Ainsley, Maeve? just to get an idea if any of these are on the right track

Quote Originally Posted by blueberrya View Post
    With Evan and Isla, I like Darcy. Thoughts on Brianne, Avery, Camryn, Kristen, Meg, Ainsley, Maeve? just to get an idea if any of these are on the right track
    I love Avery but my hubby hates it because it reminds him of birds apparently! Not keen on the others.