Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hi Everyone, really new to this, thought I would give it a try.

What about Michelle Sarah??

Thanks, all.

It's a relief to hear that some of my initial thoughts weren't completely horrific. I really love the sound of 3 syllables (or more) with Sarah as a middle name. I will definitely be adding the following to my list:

Josephine Sarah
    Elizabeth Sarah
    Coraline Sarah

My nieces' names are Vivienne and Carolyn, so that rules those names (or variations of) out. I love the name Madeleine, but I can't stand "Maddie" as a nickname (maybe it's Madison overload from recent years). Margaret is tricky--it's a family name for us (my aunt), but my husband thinks "Maggie" is a dog name, and I'm not too fond of Peggy or Margie as possible nicknames. It's kinda sad that I feel compelled to avoid certain names based on potential nicknames!

One other random wrench to throw in the works...we've dabbled with the idea of using my middle name, Campbell, as a first name for a girl:

Campbell Rose
    Campbell Leigh

Thoughts on Campbell? Love/hate/indifferent?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahcampbell View Post
    Margaret is tricky--it's a family name for us (my aunt), but my husband thinks "Maggie" is a dog name, and I'm not too fond of Peggy or Margie as possible nicknames. It's kinda sad that I feel compelled to avoid certain names based on potential nicknames!
    Have you considered Daisy as a nickname for Margaret? It's an old fashioned nickname but definitely a viable option if you like Margaret but hate the nicknames.

Campbell is fine, I actually like the sound, but it's very different in style than William. Of your two combos, I think Campbell Rose is very pretty.
    Some of my evolving favorites:

Hermione Grey - Lola Meredith - Matilda Charlotte - Meredith Eloise - Verity Kate - Violet Athena

Benjamin Michael - Burke Atticus - Chandler Michael - Cole Shepard - Jackson Rupert - Nolan James

Thank you so much for the input (and for the welcome! I'm happy to be here!).

It's silly, I know, but I have been thinking about William and Katharine/Katherine/Catherine as a sibset, and wonder whether or not it will draw a ton of "Oh, cute...Will & Kate...how original" Anglophile references. Ha, ha. I guess it's not my fault if they're truly classic names.

Over dinner last night, I brought up the tentative girl name list with my mother (which is always a mistake...), and of course, she redirected to names she's more fond of (Norah, Mae, Ellen, etc. Nice, but not really what I'm looking for). It just makes me want to keep *everything* a secret.