Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Faramond

Faramond

I have been so uncertain about my boy names for the last few weeks, but we finally decided on our top five, so now I can start making combos! I'm so emotional and hormonal, I don't trust myself at the moment, and boyfriend doesn't care about flow in a name or how they sound together, so I desperately need help!

First name up is Faramond. It means journey protection and he was the first king of the France. I've been thinking of names like Hector (to all Americans: this is not a Hispanic name over here, it's considered quite chic and cool), Wayland, Perseus, Percival, Emrys/Ambrose, Lohengrin, Alaric, Tiberius and Westfall.
    I work better from a perspective of imagery, and what I picture are ancient forests with beautiful trees, traveling roads, horses, the smell of leather, coffee, whiskey and roses, hawks and falcons, leather gloves and velvet capes lined with fur (sorry, this seems awfully random and cheesy).

Any name suggestions/combo suggestions would be most welcome! Thank you!

edit: We're doing two middles.
    Last edited by ottilie; February 16th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

honestly out of the names you listed Faramond Alaric is the only one that really flows well to me and sounds so stunning. I picture a man with very dark auburn hair and broad shoulders who is in command of dozens of knights.
    Faramond Emerys isn't awful (especially since I am a Merlin fan), but I think the am/em sounds may be too close together.

suggestions:
    Faramond Evander
    Faramond Warrick
    Faramond Cassius
    Faramond Luken
    Faramond Rafe
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

What I'm getting most from the imagery you described is something upper class, a little Medieval - like an English nobleman riding through the forest - don't know why! Your taste is obviously so much more unique than mine but I'll try to suggest some combos with your names as well as some random ones I think could fit:
    Faramond Perseus Roan (pronounced like Rowan)
    Faramond Emrys Westfall
    Faramond Alaric Radley (like the flow but the association with To Kill A Mockingbird might be too much)
    Faramond Aldous Wayland
    Faramond Everard Wythe (weren't you considering this before??)
    Faramond Tiberius Westfall
    Faramond Perseus Wythe

I really like the middles you are considering!

Nothing ending with -n for Faramond, even though Wayland would otherwise be so perfect.

Faramond Silvius Shaw (anglicisation of Scots Gaelic Seaghdha, "hawk-like"; also after the playwright)

Faramond Emrys Cheyne (old French for 'oak')

Faramond Faulkner Holt (Holt = "son of the untamed forests;" Faulkner = surname from falconry, and the author. Otherwise, Falco.)

Faramond Bryn Bayard (Bayard was a mythical Renaissance French knight, renowned for his valor and purity of heart, as well as Roland's magical bay horse. Bryn is of course Welsh for hill).

Faramond Westfall Wilde
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq

mclola, thanks, that's so funny, Evander is one of our other boy names. Lovely name.

lily, that was kind of what I was going for! I like Faramond Perseus Roan and Faramond Tiberius Westfall. Radley is cool but if people will associate it with TKAMB I'd rather not use it... Wythe is out, boyfriend vetoed it

blade, I agree, unfortunately most of the names I like end in -n (or -r) which is causing a problem... I love Faramond Faulkner Holt and ... ok let's face it, I love them all! Need to think about them. Thanks, great work!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]