Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Faramond

Wow, Faramond Faulkner Holt is pretty darn fantastic. Faulkner makes me think of a) William Faulkner, one of my favorite American writers and the centerpiece of what I consider the area of the country with the richest literary heritage, b) the scenes in The Once and Future King where Wart and Kay and everyone take the falcons into the forrest and it all goes horribly for poor Wart, but it's a rich image, c) a dear friend who has this last name. I love it for a middle name. I know you aren't American so the William Faulkner association might not be as meaningful, but the OaFK is an image with dark trees and shadows, and mist, and approaching night, and leather gloves, and sad little boys who got lost in it all. Very romantic, but very human.

I also love Alaric. As someone said, the soft consonants of Faramond go very nicely with the hard "c" in Alaric. I also really like Sylvan. It's one of my favorite names in general, but could go really well with one of your names. I might save it for one of your other names that's a little harder in sound since "Sylvan" is very smooth.
    Last edited by sparrowfinch; February 18th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Sessh, thank you, these are great! I love Faramond Perseus Robin, it's amazing! Tiberius Heron and Sylvan Loxley as well! Boyfriend is fine with Artegal, not with Sparrow ("why would you name a child after a tiny little bird?"). And I love Rohan, very cool! I want to like Demetrius, but I do not like the character from A Midsummer Nights Dream. That association is too strong for me unfortunately.

Lori, thank you, Faramond Westfall Lohengrin is very nice!

Sparrow, I love William Faulkner, As I Lay Dying and Light in August are two of my favourite novels. And the scene you're describing from The Once and Future King... so powerful. Love that book!!! Thank you! And Sylvan is great, might go with Rainier maybe.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Done with the girls, so I can focus on this one now! What do we think? I have a favourite, but would like to hear other peoples opinions (and they're listed alphabetically, not in order of preference!)!

Faramond Faulkner Holt
    Faramond Perseus Bayard
    Faramond Perseus Robin
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I can't help but be in love with the Robin combo! We've got to get your merry bandit in there somewhere

Faulkner Holt is truly lovely...my only concern is that it could sound like he has three last names.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

You are so right. That is a whole lot of surnamey names.

I love the Robin one as well. Gawain and Herne need middles as well though, so I can always give what won't be used to those two
    Last edited by ottilie; February 20th, 2013 at 12:31 PM.