Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Faramond

Faramond Alaric Rhys
    Faramond Tiberius Everly/ Faramond Everly Tiberius
    Faramond Evander Perseus

I noticed you plan on 2 middle names. I combined mn's you suggested with others that would fit well. Honestly, I think Faramond Alaric ______ would be the most striking. Faramond Alaric just flow together very beautifully. The 'd' to the 'Al' to the hard 'c' rolls so nicely off of the tongue and with a nice rhythm.

I agree with Faramir Alaric to an extent, though you'd have to be rather careful with the third initial. Basically avoid B, D, G, N, P, Q, T, V.
    I really like Faulkner or Bayard from Blade's lovely suggestions; And I'm finding myself drawn to Perseus and Hector from your first list.

Faramond Hector Emrys? Faramond Perseus Bayard? Faramond Lucius Faulkner?

(Also can I just say how amused I am to notice that some of your more talked about suggestions are now becomming commonly found in other user signatures/being added to the NB database... Clearly we are all so fond of your choices and so invested in these discussions.)

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    From your list, I love Hector, Ambrose, Emrys and Westfall. Have you considered Gawain or the variation Gavain? It seems to fit your Faramond imagery, which seems medieval to me.

What about:
    Faramond Hector Gawain or Faramond Faulkner Gawain (maybe a little too bird-y?)
    Faramond Phillip Westfall
    Faramond Emrys Palamedes or Faramond Ambrose Safir
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

sdsurfma, I do like Faramond Evander Perseus.

Amy!! I know, I need to be careful. Boyfriend and I actually think Faramond and Alaric is too much together (two legendary kings). I love the suggestion of Faramond Perseus Bayard. I think this and Faramond Faulkner Holt are the two I'm most excited about.

Rosey, Gawain is one of the other first names we're considering. It was on our list, then off (because of a dream I had, but I talked to a dream interpreter and the dream, although scary, was not a bad one after all) and now on again. It's a great great name!

Quote Originally Posted by amydomsmom View Post
    (Also can I just say how amused I am to notice that some of your more talked about suggestions are now becomming commonly found in other user signatures/being added to the NB database... Clearly we are all so fond of your choices and so invested in these discussions.)
    Haha, I know, I've noticed it too! It makes me happy
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I know you just said Faramond and Alaric are too much together, but Faramond Emrys Alaric is a lovely combo...the flow is just beautiful. It is a lot of high profile heroes all at once though!

I love the imagery you have associated with Faramond...given the woodsy hunstman vibe, I think this is the perfect place to use some of your beloved Robin Hood names. I'm also gravitating towards bird and tree names this time around.

Faramond Tiberius Heron*
    Faramond Sylvan Loxley*
    Faramond Perseus Robin*
    Faramond Griffin Westfall
    Faramond Artegal Sparrow (did Boyfriend decide Artegal was too much? I don't recall)
    Faramond Sherwood Emrys
    Faramond Percival Falcon (I feel like Percival, despite its powerful literary history, is one of those names that has the unfortunate similarity to the word "prissy," and thus needs a strong rugged word name to back him up. Something like Hawk or Falcon or Bracken or even Wilder)
    Faramond Walen Demetrius (Walen being a variation of Wayland to avoid the two -nd endings back to back; Demetrius meaning "lover of the earth")
    Faramond Aquila (or Aquilo if you find the former too feminine) Rohan (I feel like with all the Romans and Rowans and Ronans in the world, Rohan could fit right in...and the Riders go perfectly with your imagery!)
    Faramond Westfall Adair (from the oak tree ford)

Others I like, but haven't thought of a combo for:
    Acker or Ackerley - meadow of oak trees
    Orrick - old oak tree
    Heath
    Orson
    Westernesse
    Osprey
    Wilder
    Peregrine
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu