Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia

Girl names to go with Asa Guillaume?

Asa Guillaume is my #1 choice for a boy name. We're just ttc, and I haven't run it by my SO for fear he'll shut it down. I love the paired down, straightforward, cool feel of Asa. I can see him as a little boy and as a teenager, a dad and a grandpa. His last name would sound like Stack. Guillaume (g-ee-y-oh-m) is my SO's favorite boy name and I kind of like having a fancy French name tucked in between two stark names.
    Anyway, I'm looking for something in a girl's name with a similar feel as Asa. I'm thinking Clothilde (kl-oh-TEEL) in the middle (another SO favorite- but admittedly, it's growing on me).

Here's what I have so far:
    Zelia (pronounced like Celia, with a z)
    Zosia (zo-sha)
    Zelda (too video game?)
    Zoe (popular)
    Lois (old-lady)
    Leonie
    Mae (Mae Stack sounds like a warning of some kind)
    Juno (This is my favorite, but I have two concerns: 1. will people ALWAYs assume she was named for the movie? 2. Juno is a goddess and Asa is a biblical king/Hebrew name)
    Malou (I would like some opinions on this one)

Longer names that have great nn possibilities, but I'm not sure they match, style-wise.
    Susannah
    Minerva (see Juno)
    Magnolia
    Marigold
    Millicent
    Clementine
    Beatrice

And here's a little something to make you love Asa as much as I do!

http://vimeo.com/58659769
    Last edited by roseymaam; February 16th, 2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: video.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Oh my, I have heard they once even had a sleepover (without telling their moms)! Gorgeous video! I love children, they're absolutely insane. The scared is scared of things you like, so uhm I was scared of a monster so I thought of pizza, and juice, and some ma, and a cookie... wow!

Ok, let's go back to the names. Asa Guillaume is perfection, I hope your SO agrees.
    I think Juno, Lois and Malou would be perfect with Asa. My thoughts on Malou: Love! It's so cute and one of those names I need to say out loud when I read it. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy (seriously, we're just lying very lazily in bed and I keep saying Malou over and over again). Juno, I don't think people will associate it with the movie forever, but it has made the name more known. The movie is cool though, not a bad association!

I also think you might like...
    Avis
    Clio
    Iben
    Ima
    Ino
    Isis
    Lilou
    Lison
    Milou
    Mio
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Thanks Ottilie! I love Milou. How do you pronounce it? Mee-loo? Mih-loo? Mee-loh ? It seems like the perfect combination of Lilou- which I love but seems to be reviled in certain quarters- and Malou.

Isn't that video the best? I wish we could all retain that kind of imagination as we grow up!
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:

mee-loo. Isn't it sweet? The video is the cutest thing, I've played it a few times... so adorable!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

What do you think of Yael or Opal for this list?
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites: