Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John?

John?

We are still very early in, but I was thinking on boy names so I am wondering What are your thoughts on the name John? My husband's name is Giovanni and his father is Juan. All forms of John. Our other sons' have biblical names: Jonah Joseph, Levi Benjamin and Isaiah Daniel. So, while I thought about Ian (considered Ian Luke)... I am thinking Ian is going to sound off, with brothers who have Biblical names. So hubby asks, what about John Luke. I have never really considered John, but it is starting to grow on me some.

However I am not sure how it sounds woth Luke, and hubby thinks it would be great to call him the name togetehr "John Luke". We live in the south So, what are your thoughts on John, and what are some other middle names that would be a good choice, maybe something a little fresher. We are conservatice Christians, so using biblical names are fine, but I would like the name to sound good, strong and classic Any ideas?
    Thanks for your input!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

John Luke doesn't sound right to me because the french version, Jean-Luc, is so much more familiar to me. I did really like Ian Luke from your other thread. I think somebody had suggested Jonathan Luke which I also like more than just John Luke. John seems a little plain compared to Jonah, Levi and Isaiah.

Some of my favorite biblical names are Benjamin, Jeremy, Elijah, Silas, Timothy.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I just thought about the name Alexander. I do believe it is also a Biblical name. John Alexander, or Alexander John... ?????
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I love Silas, but our last name starts with the "ES" sound so, I am not sure that would sound good. I also like Ezra. Ezra Luke or Ezra John.

I think that John and Luke sound fine together. If you are thinking of variations of John, I do like Ian or even Ivan.

I also like:
    John Asa
    John David
    John Edward
    John Ephraim
    John Mathew
    John Robert
    John Samuel

20-something year old woman; newlywed; name obsessed

Currently loving:

Bridie; Jocelyn; Winifred

Jasper; Lochlan; Thatcher