Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does Graydon sound made up?

What do you think of the name Graydon? Does it sound made up? Does it sound trendy? I think it means son of gray haired man, which is funny to me because I've been teasing the hubs about the amount of new grays showing up daily! Someone suggested it in an old post. I like the options for nicknames Gray and Grady. Honest opinions please. Thanks!
    Married to Matthew
    Mommy to Carter Benjamin (9) and Griffin Oliver (3) and Emmett Nicholas (brand new)

Eh, I don't like it. I guess it does sound kinda made up, but that's not what bothers me. It sounds similar to "grating" to me, and it really grates on my nerves. The sound is like nails on a chalkboard. I've never heard it before, but when I say it out loud, I can't stand it's harshness. Also, it's very similar to the trendy Aiden/Jayden/Kayden/Brayden thing going on.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I used to know a little boy named Graydon. It does seem a bit trendy, but I love the nickname Gray.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

It sounds more surname-y to me. I know i'm not pronouncing it right though (from a small town, where we leave off the "g" at the end of words...running becomes runnin'...and when i say this name, it comes out "gradin'").

I think it does sound a bit like the -aden trend, but never heard this one before! I think it's okay as a name, but I see in your signature your one of your other sons' names is Griffin. Graydon and Griffin are really close-sounding.
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie

It does sound trendy because of all the ayden names. Whether that's an issue is up to you! I'm not really crazy about the sound though-- I think grody.

Gray is a nice nickname though, or name on its own.