Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Hadley

Hadley

Thoughts on Hadley? Is it too trendy? It's the complete opposite of my style, I think.. My mother's name is Heather, and I thought it would be a cute way to honour her since it means "heather field". I live in the UK so I don't know how it's perceived over here nor in the States, but thoughts?

Sixteen years ago, when I was pg with my daughter (in US), Hadley was obscure. I considered it throughout the pg bc I'm a huge Hemingway fan (his wife). During the gigantic -ley trend for girls, Hadley was discovered and is now one of the most widely used. It continues to leap up the charts. It is considered by most to have a trendy feel here now. It would be a bit more different where you are and the -ee sound on the end wouldn't be too far from all the Sophies, Emmys, Mollys, Lotties, Maddies, Annies, Alfies, Berties, Harrys, etc that abound there. I love your reason for using it

I think Hadley is adorable! I'm in England too, I don't think there would be any problem using it here. Ten girls were given the name in 2011, so it's used but very little.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]