Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Strangley Weird, Super Confusing Hipster Names?

So, I recently stumbled across this author, California Rossè, and can't seem to put her books down. They're sad, but amazing. I've read two of her fiction books ("Monsters & Ladybugs" and "Tell Me Your Name") as well as her autobiography ("Call Me California: I've Learned That I Know Nothing") and the one thing I cannot get past are the NAMES she gives her fictional characters! She beings hipster names to a whole new level! For example:

*Mainstream
    *Foreshadow
    *Indie
    *To-Morrow
    *Ryver
    *Understanding
    *Welcome
    *Weekend

So, out of curiousity: What are your most hipster names you can think of?

...hah. Ew.
    I think that the worst name on that list is To-Morrow. Tomorrow alone is awful, but adding the dash in there? This is a question I have to the general population - WHY WOULD YOU PUT PUNCTUATION IN YOUR CHILD'S NAME?
    Otherwise...Mainstream is awful, too...That's hardly a name.

Okay, change of systems. Rather than picking which ones are awful, I'm going to pick which ones aren't - and there's only one. I think Indie is fine, but that's because I know two.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I'm not liking any of the names, except maybe Indie and River (NOT Ryver).

I actually like a lot of "hipster" names like Oscar, Hugo, Arlo, Miles, Dashiell, Violet, Scarlett, Iris, Alice, and Ruby.

When I think of "hipster" names, I think of these:

Boys:
    Atticus
    Rufus
    Duke
    Moses
    Hopper
    Sylvester
    Lionel
    Otis
    Ray

Girls:
    Harper
    Luna
    Lulu
    Indigo
    Ione
    Olive
    Poppy
    Honor Names: Alda, Bernice, Glenna, Glennora, Harlaine, Ismay, Lillian, Rosemarie \&\ Alden, David, Davis, Harley, Rudy
    Other Favorites: Carolina, Emmelina, Josephine \&\ August, Jasper, Oliver
    Newest Additions to my Long List: Catalina, Lavender \&\ Bo, Edwin, Omri

Neal Stephenson has two characters named Hiro Protagonist and Yours Truly (YT for short) -- which I actually love. Hipster? Not quite. There's a blogger whose kids are named Soul and Glow, which I've always thought was eye-rollingly pretentious.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I actually like Indie, but the thought of kids running around with names like To-Morrow or Mainstream just makes me sad!
    And I totally agree with @christabel. When I think of "hipster" names, I think of ones with a vintage-y, steam-punk feel to them.