Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Strangley Weird, Super Confusing Hipster Names?

So, I recently stumbled across this author, California Rossè, and can't seem to put her books down. They're sad, but amazing. I've read two of her fiction books ("Monsters & Ladybugs" and "Tell Me Your Name") as well as her autobiography ("Call Me California: I've Learned That I Know Nothing") and the one thing I cannot get past are the NAMES she gives her fictional characters! She beings hipster names to a whole new level! For example:

*Mainstream
    *Foreshadow
    *Indie
    *To-Morrow
    *Ryver
    *Understanding
    *Welcome
    *Weekend

So, out of curiousity: What are your most hipster names you can think of?

...hah. Ew.
    I think that the worst name on that list is To-Morrow. Tomorrow alone is awful, but adding the dash in there? This is a question I have to the general population - WHY WOULD YOU PUT PUNCTUATION IN YOUR CHILD'S NAME?
    Otherwise...Mainstream is awful, too...That's hardly a name.

Okay, change of systems. Rather than picking which ones are awful, I'm going to pick which ones aren't - and there's only one. I think Indie is fine, but that's because I know two.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I'm not liking any of the names, except maybe Indie and River (NOT Ryver).

I actually like a lot of "hipster" names like Oscar, Hugo, Arlo, Miles, Dashiell, Violet, Scarlett, Iris, Alice, and Ruby.

When I think of "hipster" names, I think of these:

Boys:
    Atticus
    Rufus
    Duke
    Moses
    Hopper
    Sylvester
    Lionel
    Otis
    Ray

Girls:
    Harper
    Luna
    Lulu
    Indigo
    Ione
    Olive
    Poppy

Neal Stephenson has two characters named Hiro Protagonist and Yours Truly (YT for short) -- which I actually love. Hipster? Not quite. There's a blogger whose kids are named Soul and Glow, which I've always thought was eye-rollingly pretentious.
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I actually like Indie, but the thought of kids running around with names like To-Morrow or Mainstream just makes me sad!
    And I totally agree with @christabel. When I think of "hipster" names, I think of ones with a vintage-y, steam-punk feel to them.