Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name my repressed, futuristic tough guy

I need both a first and last name! The character in question is male, mid to late thirties, a cop/soldier type, in a position of authority. Very serious and intense, almost humorless. Big on self-discipline and authority, sees things in black and white. He isn't emotionless, but he's very repressed. He's physically attractive and involved in a romance, though, so no ugly or unpleasant names. It's a futuristic setting, so unusual names are okay.

I'm using Dresden as a surname for now, but I'm not loving it.
    Last edited by kailua; February 14th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Bump, I could still use the help! Right now the best thing I can come up with is Soren Brock. Brock is a little more "boyish" that I'd like, but it has the hard, clipped sound I'm looking for. I'd love Kirk for a last name but don't want the Star Trek association, especially since this is sort of sci-fi.

Dresden does seem to work. I think common, average-Joe names would work well, like Andrew, Brendan, Sam, Mike, Jeff, Brian, etc. I like to call them 90's names, the strong and silent type of names.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380

Top 10 Ottilie, Indrina, Faustine, Theria, Scarletta, Ninfa, Stellifera, Solifera, Grisella, Esmerina
    ... Alaric, Macsen, Nicander, Jove, Hawthorn, Archer, Stellan, Rainier, Hemlock, Cillian
    Contemplating Story & Shadow as a set, Melusina, Nimue & Lorelei as a trio

This guy sounds a little similar to the Headmaster on my RPG website. His name is Alistair.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

I'd definitely suggest a change of last name as Dresden is the name of the main character in the Dresden files--and your description is actually pretty similar to him, though he's very sarcastic, he's still male, intense, a detective and a pretty tough guy.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas