Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name my repressed, futuristic tough guy

I need both a first and last name! The character in question is male, mid to late thirties, a cop/soldier type, in a position of authority. Very serious and intense, almost humorless. Big on self-discipline and authority, sees things in black and white. He isn't emotionless, but he's very repressed. He's physically attractive and involved in a romance, though, so no ugly or unpleasant names. It's a futuristic setting, so unusual names are okay.

I'm using Dresden as a surname for now, but I'm not loving it.
    Last edited by kailua; February 14th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Bump, I could still use the help! Right now the best thing I can come up with is Soren Brock. Brock is a little more "boyish" that I'd like, but it has the hard, clipped sound I'm looking for. I'd love Kirk for a last name but don't want the Star Trek association, especially since this is sort of sci-fi.

Dresden does seem to work. I think common, average-Joe names would work well, like Andrew, Brendan, Sam, Mike, Jeff, Brian, etc. I like to call them 90's names, the strong and silent type of names.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Ailova, Vasilisa, Indrina, Ottilie, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Alianora
    ... Alaric, Indio, Stellan, Rainier, Evander, Caspian, Soren, Silvan, Thursten, Theron, Ronan, Sander

This guy sounds a little similar to the Headmaster on my RPG website. His name is Alistair.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I'd definitely suggest a change of last name as Dresden is the name of the main character in the Dresden files--and your description is actually pretty similar to him, though he's very sarcastic, he's still male, intense, a detective and a pretty tough guy.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin