Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I've always sort of liked the nn Leo on a girl. The name feels like it can be feminine to me (in the same vein as Hero, Juno, etc.) I would use it as an nn for Leora/Liora rather than Cleopatra though. I like the suggestions of Leona and Cleo, too.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Iphigenia Cleo
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

I love it!!

I also like Cleo better than Leo on a little girl.

I will say, several years ago I answered the phone at work and spoke with a woman named Cleopatra. I actually had her repeat/spell it because I was sure I heard her wrong the first time! It was just very surprising. The name has a pretty sound to it, and Cleo/Leo, cute yes, but just be prepared for the occasional raised eyebrow.

I think Leo as a nn is fine. I don't mind boy nicknames on girls. I love Cleo/Clio and prefer that to Leo. There's Leocadia if you want some other ways to get to Leo. My boyfriend is in love with Leocadia right now.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Cleopatra is a ONE WOMAN name in my opinion (eg. Madonna, Cher, Oprah). She wasn't exactly an admirable person, was she? She did meet a tragic end by suicide. Cleo, Leonie or Leona with the nn Leo would be more user friendly choices.
    All the best,
    Mischa.