Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I've always sort of liked the nn Leo on a girl. The name feels like it can be feminine to me (in the same vein as Hero, Juno, etc.) I would use it as an nn for Leora/Liora rather than Cleopatra though. I like the suggestions of Leona and Cleo, too.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

I love it!!

I also like Cleo better than Leo on a little girl.

I will say, several years ago I answered the phone at work and spoke with a woman named Cleopatra. I actually had her repeat/spell it because I was sure I heard her wrong the first time! It was just very surprising. The name has a pretty sound to it, and Cleo/Leo, cute yes, but just be prepared for the occasional raised eyebrow.

I think Leo as a nn is fine. I don't mind boy nicknames on girls. I love Cleo/Clio and prefer that to Leo. There's Leocadia if you want some other ways to get to Leo. My boyfriend is in love with Leocadia right now.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Cleopatra is a ONE WOMAN name in my opinion (eg. Madonna, Cher, Oprah). She wasn't exactly an admirable person, was she? She did meet a tragic end by suicide. Cleo, Leonie or Leona with the nn Leo would be more user friendly choices.
    All the best,
    Mischa.