• Luke McIntyre

4 30.77%
  • Luke Paxton

9 69.23%
  • Another Last Name...See Comments

0 0%

Thread: My Hero

Question My Hero

This is another character for my modern apocalypse story. I talked about this character before. I had my heart set on Luke McNamara, but google told me that there is a Lucas McNamara in a 2000 movie. So, he's been a Curtis McNamara, he was gonna be a Tim at one time. A month or so ago, I settled on Jordan McNamara, so at least I thought I was happy with it. Now, I keep thinking Luke. I have to go with Luke because I just keep coming back to it.

Luke is not the main character, but he has alot of influence over some of the other characters. He's your typical 20-year-old. He's the type of guy you want on your sports team, but he is a A student. He has lots of friends. Young girls love him but he doesn't get around or anything. He was close with his mother before she died. His father is not in the picture. He lives with his grandpa who he is close with. He's always trying to help people or change the world.

What should I go with:

Luke Paxton or Luke McIntyre.....or a different last name?
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

I think McIntyre is better than Paxton, but Irish names are kind of stereotypical tough-guy choices. I like Luke Brannock.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Heya blade. I'm not feeling Brannock, but give me some time.....you never know.

I came across some more names in the phone book:

Cantwell, Keiser, Shapiro, Pryor, Shores, Gainey, Gilchrist, Epstein, Upton, Fairchild, Shipman, Allison, Ashby, Finney, Eckert, McCord, Stapleton, Kincaid, McQueen, Street, Dugan, Givens
    Have a Nice Day
    -Crissy-

I don't have any children, but I write like crazy and am always looking for names for characters. I think I'm a half decent story teller, a mediocre writer, but horrible at picking names.

Favorites: Ainsley, Everly, Shay, Bryce, Michaela, Bree, Susannah, Jensen, Damien, Anson, James, Dalton, Sawyer, Alaric

I think I would stay away from McIntyre and Paxton because the both have a "kuh" sound which is also in Luke. Out of the other LN, I like Ashby, Finney, Shipman and Stapleton. I would stay away from Cantwell, Keiser, Eckert, McCord, McQueen, and Kincaid because of the "kuh" sounds. Street and Shores sound a bit choppy to me when said aloud with Luke. I would stay away from Pryor, because it is similar to Prior, the last name of Tris in the dystopian series Divergent. My overall favorite is Ashby! Good luck
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!