Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anders Benjamin

72 61.54%
  • Rowan Benjamin

45 38.46%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The nameless baby saga continues

I have a month left of my pregnancy, and we still haven't decided on a name. Luckily, I think we've narrowed it down to 2 names.

Which name do you prefer?
    Which sounds best with siblings Heidi Olivia and Rhys Owen?

Does Rhys always go by Rhys? Is there any change he might ever go by Owen?

Because if there is, I would avoid Rowan. Too rhymey-matchy.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

Quote Originally Posted by labelo View Post
    Does Rhys always go by Rhys? Is there any change he might ever go by Owen?

Because if there is, I would avoid Rowan. Too rhymey-matchy.
    The only time Rhys is ever called Rhys Owen is when he's doing something very troublesome. Even then, it's sometimes just a loud "Rhys!!" None of his teachers or our relatives call him by his full name.

Personally, I MUCH prefer Rowan Benjamin -- Rowan is one of my all time favorite boys' names and it has such a wonderful flow with Benjamin. However, Anders definitely seems to fit better with your other kids' names, so I voted for that. But I do feel like Anders Benjamin doesn't have a great flow. I don't know if your first priority is flow or is sounding good with the siblings or just having a name you love. Rowan doesn't sound bad with Heidi and Rhys by any means, but Anders has that same Nordic kind of feel to it that the other two have. I think it will just come down in the end to which one feels right for your son, which might mean waiting until he's born and there's nothing wrong with that!

Both are handsome, but I think Heidi, Rhys, and Anders go together better. Anders Benjamin sounds nice; perhaps it doesn't flow 100% smoothly, but IMO Rowan Benjamin sharing the same -n sound makes them not the best rhythmically either. I find Rhys Owen (even though he doesn't get called that frequently) and Rowan too matchy, and prefer adding a new initial to the bunch rather than another R.