Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I like a lot of your list. My husband is Hispanic and our children have Spanish names that have one pronunciation in English and Spanish, so I have thought about these kinds of names a lot.

Leandro - We considered this for one of our kids. My family (non-Spanish speakers) felt the le-an sounded feminine, a la Leanne, but I would think they would say the same for Leander. I think this name is very handsome.
    Marcelo - I suggested this name at one point, but for my husband this is a very dated name, similar to suggesting Todd or Kurt for a baby today, so it was nixed.
    Emmanuel - In Spanish you would spell it with one m. Manuel is also a nice, traditional name. Both give the cute nn Manu.
    Elian - As others have said, I can only think of Elian González.
    Marco - I like this name a lot and it is very international.
    Mateo - This is also nice, as is Matías.

Others you might like are Lisandro, Mariano, Maximo, Eliseo, Tadeo, Pedro, or Tomás. I like the previous suggestions of Javier, Joaquin, Rafael and Alejandro. And I tried to suggest Pascual for our first baby - I think it is so cute - but my husband thought I was nuts!

I really like Mateo, with Leandro my second pick.

My favorite cross over names are Aaron, Adrian, and Emilio. But Matteo and Marco are great as well. I know a Marcos as well, so that's an option. You really can't go wrong, most of the names on your list are so handsome.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Thanks everyone for the insights! I especially appreciated the comments about how these names are actually perceived in Mexico, since I have no idea and we'll probably end up living there at one point.

I love the suggestions for Joaquin, Mauricio, Reuben, Horacio (no good nickname though...), and Javier/Javi.

And it's too bad my suspicions for Elian were confirmed... It's all Elian Gonzales... But I still adore the name. But no matter -- so many good things to choose from!

rosamonte, I'm so curious what names you ended up going with!

It's interesting to think about how names are thought of in any particular culture. For example I have always loved the name Pilar but I have heard from my Argentinian friends that it's considered a very old fashioned name.