Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    I'm going to blame the pregnancy hormones, but reading these posts have me bawling. Is there anything better than love?

Jonathan and I met in February 2010, a little less than a week before Valentine's Day. I was working in a little coffee shop not far from the university in town. When he walked in, it wasn't Jonathan that caught my attention, but the girl he was with. She was very loud and waved her hands around (excessively) when she talked. Not the usual type of customer I had at the coffee shop. At one point during the evening I noticed that she was not very happy and he looked as though he wanted to get out of there. It was obvious that neither one was having a good time. When he got ready to pay, his date had already went outside to wait, and I told him not to worry about it, I would cover it. He asked why and I told him it was just my good deed of the day. He smiled (a gorgeous smile, might I add) and said, "You seem like the kind of person that would be nice to have around on a bad day." I smiled back and said, "Well, you know where to find me." He said thanks and left. I didn't give it much thought after that.

The next evening when I showed up for work, he was sitting in the coffee shop. He walked up to the counter and said that he wasn't sure if I remembered him or not but he was the guy whose bill I had paid the night before. I told him I remembered. He asked for my name and if I would be interested in going on a date. I agreed and we went out on our first date that Friday (I think it was the 12th).

I had all kinds of reservations about dating him. He was 6 years older than me, had three children with two different women, and had only been separated from his wife for 5 months. On the first date he told me that his youngest child was 8 months old and he did not want anymore children. I'm pretty sure all I said was "okay" but inside my heart was breaking.

Despite all of my doubt, I had a wonderful time and I couldn't think of anything other than him when we were apart. He called me on the morning of Valentine's Day and asked if he could take me to dinner. I had to work that night so I asked if we could do lunch instead. I'm not sure if it was on that date or our next date, I told him that I really liked him, but that if he was sure he didn't want more children, I wasn't interested in being together. It took awhile, but a couple months down the road, he said he would like to have one or two more children.

On December 4, 2010, Jonathan decided he was going to take me ice skating. I had never been before, but I always had wanted to go. We showed up to the ice skating rink and the parking lot was surprisingly empty for a Saturday evening. When we walked in it was rather dark, but there were white Christmas lights strung up everywhere. Since I had never been before, I thought that was just how it was around Christmas time. Besides the staff, we were the only ones there. As we were getting our skates, there was a big bouquet of red roses on the counter. I mentioned something about how beautiful they were and Jonathan grabbed the card and handed it to me. It said, "You seem like the kind of person that would be nice to have around on a bad day." Which I TOTALLY did not get at all! Jonathan took a rose (they were thornless!) and put it behind my ear. We then put on our skates and he helped me out into the middle of the ice. When we got out there, our song started playing and Jonathan asked me to dance. Since it was my first time on skates, I basically held onto him and he spun me around, somewhat clumsily. By this point, I was rather suspicious about the whole ordeal. I think I knew what was coming, but I didn't let myself believe it to keep from being disappointed if I was wrong. As the song ended, Jonathan got down on one knee and said how much he loved me and that I wasn't just the kind of person that he wanted around on bad days, but the person he wanted around everyday. He asked me to marry him and I said yes!

We were married in May 2011 and are now expecting our first child together in February 2014! I am so blessed.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

My story is really not that exciting.
    Patrick and I have known each other for a very long time, but it was never love at first sight. I think it was in the sixth grade, we were science partners together. I absolutly hated him!! He was the worst partner ever. I even asked my teacher if I could have a different partner.
    So, years had gone by and we went to different high schools so I didn`t see him that much. It was at my friends party that we reunited with each other. We started talking and I noticed that he`d changed since middle school. After the party, he game his number and drove me home. I called him the next night and he asked me if I could go out with him the next day. I said yes and then we started dating. We dated for 5 years after that. Then one night, at our middle schol reuinion, he took me to the science class room and proposed!! I was so happy. He gave me the most beautiful ring I had ever seen.
    3 months later, we were married. It was the greatest day of my life.
    Now,we have been married for 8 years, we have two beautiful children and a baby on the way. I couldn`t be happier.
    married to my wonderful husband--P.J.
    mommy to--- Bridger Alexander(7) , Avery Matthew(3) and Owen Samuel arrived on September 5th!!!

current favorites---
    boys--Bridger,Avery, Owen, Tristan, Cory,Brody, Justin, Porter, Morrison, Axel, Finn and Ira

girls---Natalie, Brooklyn, Penelope, Paige, Heather, Emerson, Eleanor, Beth, Jenna and Meredith

My story is short and not so dramatic.

Harvey and I met online (christianmingle.com), and I am not ashamed to say it! We were both in our forties and decided it was time to settle down and get married after only 7 months of dating. So we just recently got married in January 2013. : )

And I love him to pieces!<3
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014

So I was a waitress. I was preparing a plate and this guy was at the cash register and he was so cute. Then our eye's met and the world stopped moving literally. I've never had anything like that happen before...it was like a sign. I was in a relationship with my best guy friend. However, we were having problems...mainly trust issues on both parts. Me & the best guy friend just knew too much about each other and we just we're extremely jealous over one another. Well after I got off work I looked the guy up on facebook after getting some information from the girl he was with, she is extremely younger than me and I just knew he couldn't be with her. I assumed they were brother and sisters. So I got his name and number then texted him. We became friends for like three months. All this time I was still fighting for the romance fairy tale where the girl ends up marrying her best friend...well it didn't become that sadly. We broke up before valentines day & the new guy and i double dated with my bff and her bf. It was so awkward and he was so shy but he got me a little bear and candy and a card and i melted because best guy friend was suppose to be with me but he gave my gifts to this girl i hated. I would have to say meeting the new guy was love at first sight and destiny. The major obstacle was the best guy friend it took me a long time to put aside what i wanted to happen, or my fantasy life in my head for the real thing.

I met DH only about 1.5 years ago, when I was doing my MA at Hopkins' Nanjing (China) campus and he was doing his PhD in Xi'An. I was on a break in Xi'An visiting old friends. I went to visit a French friend, and he just happened to live across the hall. We started chatting, and I just knew. Funny thing was, I couldn't remember his name for a long time. Even once I could remember it, I couldn't pronounce it (he says I still can't). I also kept forgetting which country he was from, as he's Iranian, but looks exactly like my Italian grandfather.

When the break was up, I returned to Nanjing, having only seen him 2 or 3 times in all. We started chatting on Facebook (thank God for VPNs to circumvent the Great Firewall of China), and he quickly understood I was interested. So, in a few weeks' time we started officially dating, and Skyped daily. It was strange, as we're from 2 very different parts of the world, yet our views on religion, politics, and life are extremely similar.

We started visiting each other as often as we could, until I graduated. Up until that point, we'd kept our relationship under wraps. However, my parents found out about our relationship from Facebook, and my dad's job threatened to fire him, as DH is Iranian... long story. Anyhow, the parents freaked out, accused him of being a spy/ terrorist, and threatened to disown me. Apparently, DH thought this would be the end of our relationship... but actually, it just made our relationship stronger. We realized that as much as we love our friends and family, we can't be happy without each other. And as much as I hope my actions will never make my dad lose his job, jobs come and go... but you may only get one shot at pure love. There was no way I could just give that up. At that point, I moved out to Xi'An to be closer to him, and we decided to marry. Sometimes we fight about who asked who to marry. He asked me to marry him a year ago, but there was no date set. Later, I asked via Skype from Hong Kong (when China implemented some crazy visa policies that put me in visa exile) to elope with me. However, marriage was a long, convoluted story of trying to help my dad keep his job, and trying to find a country that would let us marry.

Sometimes people say that we had a difficult time just getting together, and it's true... but I think it was good for us. I think it was Thomas Paine who said "what we obtain too cheap we esteem too lightly." I know that we'll never have that problem... Sometimes when we find ourselves taking each other for granted, we just bring up our story of trying to be together. It serves as a reminder to us of how precious our love is, and how much we should cherish it...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina