Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I'm an Aussie, from Brisbane.
    My husband and I met in 2001, when we were in grade 11 (second to last year of high school). His best friend had dated my best friend in grade 10, my best friend set up my MSN chat list for me and just copied everyone from her list.
    So one day I was bored on MSN chat and asked him who he was. He told me and I asked him if he was in the year below us, no turns out he was in my year! I then ask him what classes he took, he said graphics, chemistry and physics, I asked him if he was in the other chemistry class, yes he was. I then asked him if he was also in the other physics class, no... He is in my class! Of about 20 people! I had never noticed him before! I had a friend point him out the next day!
    We became fast friends and went to our senior formal together the next year.
    For Uni, in 2003, we both started at UQ.
    I studied science and he studied Engineering and we car pooled everyday.
    In 2004, he went over seas for the summer and I was so sad to see him leave for so long! When he got back it felt like there had been a shift in our relationship, he later said that he'd meet a lot of people, but could not talk to any of then lie he could talk to me.
    We started officially dating in June 2005 after an interesting camping trip.
    We moved in together in 2007.
    He proposed in a cottage at Montville in March 2008!
    We were married in May 2010.
    We travelled to 24 countries in 6 months on our honeymoon.
    And had our first bub in June 2011 (our honeymoon baby).
    Please excuse any typos I typed this on my iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    Those stories made me smile. I love happy endings.

My sweetheart and I met in an unconventional way. We "met" online through an online game 8 years ago. He worked with a friend of mine who lived 3,000 miles away, and the three of us would group up a lot to play. I was the designated healer of our group and it was my job to keep everyone alive. I'd sometimes let Kevin die on purpose because he was such a sarcastic ass. I grew to appreciate his biting humor and began healing him. Anyway, one evening we were playing alone and he asked if he could have my number. It took me by surprise but I agreed. We ended up talking for 3 hours.

Over the next couple of years we started talking exclusively to each other. A lot. It was the strangest feeling, because we both felt like we were in a relationship, but we'd never met and had 3,000 miles between us. At the time, he was doing environmental work and was working on a Beluga whale project. In retrospect, it was while listening to him describe the whales that I fell in love.

Anyway, my great-grandmother died while I was in the room with her, and before she died she said to me "if I knew my life would end like this, I would have done everything differently." She died in a lot of pain, and it was horrifying to me that she'd died with such regret. I went home that night and bought a ticket to see Kevin, knowing that one way or another it was time to decide whether we were in a relationship or just very good online friends.

The moment I saw him as I was coming down the escalator in the airport my heart tumbled and I knew we were in a relationship. I ended up staying up here, and that was almost 5 years ago. He's most definitely my best friend.
    Oh gosh, I can relate to this very well. So touching. <3

Aww, this is a cute thread!

I met my boyfriend at preseason camp for marching band during our first year of college (this was in the fall of 2005). We were the only freshman trumpets in our housing complex, so we would walk back from practice together, eat dinner together in the caf; you know: incidental low-pressure whatever. Early on in our acquaintance, I told the internet (read: my livejournal, accessible to all who bothered to follow the link from my thefacebook.com page) that I had a crush on him, but I phrased the admission in such a way that only he would be able to figure out that I was talking about him. (He was totally into me, too, so of course he was creeping on my livejournal.) After he dealt with this very overwhelming bit of information, he, certain of my feelings for him, managed to psych himself up enough to tell me that he liked me, too. Of course, he had no idea how to follow up on this declaration, so he then proposed that we kiss. I panicked and shoved my tongue down his throat. Ahhh, love.
    on my mind, for the moment

Daria | Athena | Ramona | Winifred | Maeve | Blythe | Nadine | Dorothea | Margot | Cyra | Renata | Hypatia | Junia | Thisbe

Flynn | Otto | Winston | Claude | Leif | Roald | Tavish | Lionel | Cormac | Tobin | Oswin | Rory | Damon | Tycho

Mildred "Red" ☆ Obedience "Bede" ☆ Relief "Leafy" ☆ Dorothea "Doro" ☆ Penelope "Pen" ☆ Ruth "Rue" ☆ Eudoxia "Exie"

Quote Originally Posted by egilona View Post
    Aww, this is a cute thread!

I met my boyfriend at preseason camp for marching band during our first year of college (this was in the fall of 2005). We were the only freshman trumpets in our housing complex, so we would walk back from practice together, eat dinner together in the caf; you know: incidental low-pressure whatever. Early on in our acquaintance, I told the internet (read: my livejournal, accessible to all who bothered to follow the link from my thefacebook.com page) that I had a crush on him, but I phrased the admission in such a way that only he would be able to figure out that I was talking about him. (He was totally into me, too, so of course he was creeping on my livejournal.) After he dealt with this very overwhelming bit of information, he, certain of my feelings for him, managed to psych himself up enough to tell me that he liked me, too. Of course, he had no idea how to follow up on this declaration, so he then proposed that we kiss. I panicked and shoved my tongue down his throat. Ahhh, love.
    Awww, just wanted to say: Shout out to the marching band! I was in the marching band in university and I met my best friend while working at band camp. Sadly, my husband can't carry a tune, but I hope to indoctrinate our future kids into band geek-ness. :-)
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

These are so cute, and my story just isn't.

My man and I met at a bar. He was talking to my friend and I, acting like a respectable young lady, shouted over "Dude, she doesn't want to make out with you. She has a boyfriend." Later in the night he was talking to her again, and this time drunk I said "Seriously? She still has a boyfriend and she still doesn't want to make out with you." We started talking after that. He tried kissing me after I gave him my number. I ran away from the kiss.

Unsurprisingly he never texted me. A couple weeks later I noticed him at the same bar (classy) and said "Is your name E_____? I've been waiting for you to text me." We spent the rest of the night talking again, then he actually sent me a text the next day.

He claims he likes that I called him out...don't know why.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____