Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I'm surprised I haven't contributed to this thread yet!

My now-husband and I met while we were both travelling across Europe. We met in London in June 2007. We're both from Australia - I'm from Melbourne and he's from Adelaide. We travelled around together for four weeks and then went back to Australia. We stayed in contact. I completed my final semester of uni (teaching) and, in January 2008, moved to a small town called Hamilton, which is closer to Adelaide than where I was living before (previously an eight hour drive and now a five hour drive). DH visited me twice when I first moved there, but then we both figured the long distance thing was too much, and decided not to pursue a relationship. However, we kept in contact via email and facebook. A year passed and I decided to visit him in January 2009. I stayed with him for a week, but, again, we decided we lived too far apart, and not to continue our relationship. We kept in contact and I decided to visit him again in June 2009. We started up our relationship again and, this time, decided we'd try to make things work. Between June and December 2009, we both visited each other almost every weekend! We decided that I should move to Adelaide at the end of 2009. So, that's what happened! I moved to Adelaide just over three years ago and we've been together ever since. We got engaged in July 2011 and married in August 2012. Now, we're about to start trying for a baby! Happily ever after...so far, at least
    Last edited by sarahmezz; March 30th, 2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

when I was 20 I was a waitress and Brian used to come in for coffee and we sort of flirted. Okay, really flirted, but I had a boyfriend at the time. By the time I broke up with my boyfriend Brian had a girlfriend. I quit working there and lost contact with him. four months later my cousin called and said she had run into him and if it as okay to give him my number. We went on our first date that night. Two weeks later I moved in with him and five months after that we were married. We did separate after two years of marriage and my rebound ended up being the bio-father of my children(really awful guy who is not in mine or my kids life). Brian and I lost all contact and I heard he moved to a different state, but I never forgot him. A new friend of mines mother was a stripper who traveled to different towns and she happened to see a picture of Brian while at my house. She said ahe knew him and that he was a general manager at a hotel she sometimes stayed at and that he had mentioned in the past how much he missed his wife. I told her to give him my number. That night he called me and for the next few months we communicated online (he was out of state). Two months after my son was born Brian came with a u-haul and we packed up my stuff and I moved back with him. We were apart for 2 1/2 years, but we just pretend it didn't happen. This year we will have been married for 12 years. He has become the father my kids needed and is the most amazing man.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

I love this! We met for the very first time at a The Used concert when I was 14 and he was 17. He was a couple of people behind me in line and I told him he looked like the guitarist for Fall Out Boy, my favorite band. His reaction? To sarcastic smile, nod, and turn back to his group of friends. Awkward! Fast forward to that summer at Warped Tour. I was walking to a band when I saw him standing at the back of a crowd watching a band. I recognized him immediately (I mean, he REALLY looks like that guitarist...) and went over to him. We talked briefly; he was more excited to meet me the second time (I think he realized I was not as awkward and liked that we had at LEAST two favorite bands in common to be at two shows). We exchanged Myspaces (LOL) and talked from then on. We slowly learned we lived about 1.5 hours apart, had a lot of same music tastes, etc. We met up in September and November of that year at concerts and then I didn't see him again until October of the next year when I threw myself into his arms and kissed him (I had been crushing HARD and had NEVER waited so long for a kiss, like ever)... he was taken aback at first but then admitted he had been crushing on me hard for awhile as well.

Together 4 years later, engaged and planning a future together.

http://listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Mark ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Caleb
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Ava ~ Soleil ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah

Flitting between the Heartland and the South
    My husband and I have known each other for a very long time. I started going to his church when I was ten years old and my family had just moved back to my hometown. We never talked, but I knew who we was (He told me later that when he was that age he didn’t talk to girls because he thought he was a Jedi… Yeah, my husband is a nerd )When we were both old enough to be in the Youth Group (he was in the grade below me) I started to notice him more; he’s a very loud and extroverted person. I’ve always been an introvert, so I didn’t really talk to him. Eventually our youth pastor (his cousin) started to badger him to talk to me because he knew that he liked me. He finally got up the nerve and we started “going out” in Junior High. We would talk on the phone for hours, but when we were face to face he would hardly look at me. I thought he didn’t like me so I broke up with him. Shortly after this, I ended up in an abusive relationship, I was absolutely miserable and broken, but the guy told me that if I ever broke up with him that he would kill himself and I was naïve enough to think that it would be my fault. I eventually got up the courage to break it off. I was extremely depressed and I longed to be happy again. When I thought about the last time I was happy, my future husband kept coming to mind. We started talking again and I felt like I was my old self. We started dating again when I was 16 and he was 15. We dated all through high school and when I graduated the year before he did, I went to college in a nearby town and stayed close. He proposed to me on Christmas Eve 2010 and we got married on New Years Eve 2011. We still live in our tiny hometown where he is the Youth Pastor at our church and we are making plans to have our own little nerdlets so he can teach them the ways of The Force and I can tell them all about Hogwarts. I am extremely blessed to have him in my life and I thank God everyday for him.
    TTC #1 since October 2012...
    Cecelia, Lydia, Clara
    Adric, Isaac, Silas

"I'd rather be honest than impressive."

This is fun! Our story is pretty boring, actually. In 2008, I turned 28 and I went to EIGHT weddings. By December, I was pretty convinced I would be single for life, or at least into my 30s. (Also, I was incredibly dramatic...) On a whim, I signed up for a 3-month term on an internet dating site. I met a few guys but nothing worked out, and as my term was about to expire, I decided not to bother renewing it. Suddenly, a guy caught my attention, and a few days later, he got in touch with me. He even lived in my city. I told him to email me as I was not renewing the contract, and we exchanged emails for two whole months without him even suggesting to call me, so I was pretty sure it was never happening. Finally he suggested we meet for dinner and after a few dates, we decided we really liked each other. The problem was, he had just finished a medical fellowship and looking for jobs elsewhere. Two months later, he was offered a job in my hometown, 450km away. We did a year and a half of long-distance dating, and he proposed in June, 2011. I told him I didn't want to spend another winter driving back and forth, so we had a whirlwind 4-month engagement and in October, I married the love of my life.
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova