Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm an avid reader and an old fashioned-name lover so already have made the literary connections to the names I love without needing to research IYKWIM. However, I recently started liking the name Evan and wondered if it had literary links so did a bit of research on that.

I don't think I have fallen in or out of love with a name because of a character in a book but I door it when characters with one of my fave names are appealing - it feels like it adds weight to my good taste

Love it, not door it!!

I don't specifically go into a book, hoping to come out with name options. The only time I try and remember a name I've read is if it really strikes me,or catches me off guard.
    It's not often I fall in love with a name that I've found in a book, but I did in Les Miserables! I can't even describe how much I love the names of almost all the characters.
    Valjean, Marius, Cosette and Eponine were my favourites.
    I desperately wanted to feel the same about Fantine as I did the others, simply because I adored her character. The sound of it just does not appeal to me at all, unfortunately :P
    But I like that you mentioned song lyrics/albums as well! Music is huge for me.
    It's the same as books, I guess, if I hear a name, or something that could be used as one, I don't really keep it in mind unless it really sticks out to me.
    Valdosta (EP from Mayday Parade), Ocala (from Mayday Parade's Miserable At Best) and Arizona (from The Maine's Waiting For My Sun To Shine) are the ones I've really been into, Arizona being my favourite.

I know someone who's named all of her children after characters from Astrid Lindgren's Ronja the Robber's Daughter.
    Mattis (B), Birk (B), Ronja (G) and Jutis (B), it's good they didn't have anymore girls than Ronja because the only ones left are Undis and Lovis and I don't know how good they are.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by irelandrae View Post
    I don't specifically go into a book, hoping to come out with name options. The only time I try and remember a name I've read is if it really strikes me,or catches me off guard.
    It's not often I fall in love with a name that I've found in a book, but I did in Les Miserables! I can't even describe how much I love the names of almost all the characters.
    Valjean, Marius, Cosette and Eponine were my favourites.
    I desperately wanted to feel the same about Fantine as I did the others, simply because I adored her character. The sound of it just does not appeal to me at all, unfortunately :P
    But I like that you mentioned song lyrics/albums as well! Music is huge for me.
    It's the same as books, I guess, if I hear a name, or something that could be used as one, I don't really keep it in mind unless it really sticks out to me.
    Valdosta (EP from Mayday Parade), Ocala (from Mayday Parade's Miserable At Best) and Arizona (from The Maine's Waiting For My Sun To Shine) are the ones I've really been into, Arizona being my favourite.
    I'm glad you brought up the music bit again! So many names I love I can relate to a song, or know of because of a song. I often make sure to listen to songs with the names in the titles because I like to know all the pop culture references I can! I also love the thrill of finding a song involving the name that would make an adorable Lullaby! Examples like Vienna by Billy Joel, Adelaide by Anberlin, Lavenders Blue - Various Versions, Meet Virginia - Train, well the lists go on! So many great names are involved in songs!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye