Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Baby sister for Juliette

I have only 10 weeks left and no inkling of a name!! Help!

I'd like a name that would compliment Juliette (our 2 year old who we sometimes call Jules) but not be too common or out there either. Here is a small list (in no particular order) that I have so far, thoughts and suggestions are GREATLY appreciate!

Nora
    Fiona
    Beatrice
    Vivienne
    Evangeline
    Eleanor
    Annabelle
    Millicent
    Genevieve

Re: Baby sister for Juliette

Oh, I almost forgot my other names too:
    Matilda
    Evelyn, and
    Eloise.

Thank you for your comments!

I love the name Juliette! And you have some great options picked out for Baby #2!

Here are my thoughts:

Nora -- "Light." A little less feminissima than Juliette, but a great name regardless. No nn options.

Fiona -- "Fair." A beautiful name but for some reason, I don't see it with Juliette as much as some of your other choices. Not really any nn options.

Beatrice -- "She who brings happiness." I've never been able to get on board with this one. Despite the common Shakespearean ancestry, it seems rather stuffy compared to the airy Juliette. Nns: Bea, Tricia...

Vivienne -- "Life" Another name I've never personally gotten, but I think it pairs quite nicely with Juliette, particularly with this spelling. Cute nicknames: Viva, Viv, Vi, Enna...

Evangeline -- "Bearer of good news." Beautiful and darling, and lovely with Juliette-- lots of good nickname options. Eve and Jules or Lina and Jules work well together as nicknames!

Eleanor -- "Light" Beautiful and classy. I think Eleanora would pair better with Juliette. Could call her Nora or Ellie/Ella.

Annabelle -- "Loving." a little earthier than Juliette to my ears. Nns: Belle/Bella, Annie...

Millicent -- "Strong in work." The only one of your names I'm not feeling at all, with or without Juliette. I just can't get images of evil stepmothers out of my head. I like the Melisende/Melisande form much better though! Nns: Millie

Genevieve -- "White wave" Would you go with the French or the English pronunciation? Either way this name is gorgeous, feminine and light all at the same time, just like Juliette. Would it bother you to repeat the "J" sound in your girls names? Some good nn options here too: Gigi, Eve, Viva, Gen...

Matilda --"Battle mighty." Too heavy and stuffy for Juliette. Nns: Mattie, Tillie...

Evelyn -- "Desired." Love this with Juliette. Nns: Evie, Eve, Lyn, Ellie...

Eloise -- "Wide." The meaning and the "weeze" sound has always thrown me off for this name. Otherwise, it flows quite nicely with Juliette. Nns: Ellie...

My favorites from your list:
    Juliette and Eloise
    Juliette and Genevieve
    Juliette and Evelyn
    Juliette and Evangeline*
    Juliette and Vivienne

*= the winner! :)

Good luck!

Hi!

I'd say Eloise or Vivienne, but I'm putting my confidence in Vivienne. Great compliment to Juliette "Jules."

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Some other ideas in case you'd like more suggestions:

Emmeline
    Sylvia
    Viviana (Just a personal preference to Vivienne)
    Francesca
    Victoria
    Lilia/Liliana
    Georgia/Georgiana
    Christiana
    Evangelia (although I still love Evangeline!)
    Arabella
    Aurelia
    Lucia/Lucinda
    Natalia/Talia
    Melisande (as previously suggested!)
    Analiese
    Clara