Names Searched Right Now:

What would you name this baby?

I just found out yesterday that a couple I know is expecting their first baby. I have personal "guessing lists" going for several expectant friends, trying to predict their next pick, but they all have several kids already, which means I have an idea of their naming style. Since this baby will be their first and I don't know the couple that well, I have no idea at all what they might name a child. But the mom was adopted from India when she was five or six, and the dad comes from a Russian Old Believer family.

I think they would be able to choose a very beautiful (or handsome, depending on the baby's gender) name that would honor their combined heritage and still work well in America. Rather than drawing up a personal list, I thought I would start this thread. So, just for fun (I have no intention of giving them unsolicited suggestions), with these two cultures in mind, what would you name their child? First, or first and middle name?
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Hm, for girls, something in the Lila/Leya/Leyla/Liya vein (half of those were Hindi-related and half were Russian/Eastern European...) would cross cultures well and definitely fit the present day culture! Ditto for the Hindi Mela and Russian Mila! I also think Sena, Mina, or Kalindi would be pretty.

Boys are a little harder, I think. Rohan strikes me as Hindi choice with some of the heft of a Russian name...

Girl- Nina would be a lovely choice since it is used in both languages and in America.
    The Russian Milena lends itself easily to nn, that is a fn in Indian, of either Lena or Mena.
    Iveska lends itself to Indian Ivy.
    Indian use of Anushka lends itself to Russian accepted Ana.
    Russian Valenta or Valentina lends itself to Indian Valli.
    I like Nina Iveska or Anushka, Anushka Noor (Ana) or Anushka Milena (Ana, Mena, Lena), Valentina Ivy (Valli, Nina, Ivy), Nina Valenta, Valli Milena, Ivy Anina

Boy- Luka Idris (Russian fn/Indian mn, but has an overall flair/sound of both IMO) --- FUN!

Thanks! This is fun. I love the ideas of Lila or Leya, Sena, and Nina for a girl. Nina Valenta is beautiful. I also like the idea of Anushka, nn Ana. You have wonderful ideas for cross-cultural nicknames, notcinnamon. I like Milena, too, but Mila/Mela and maybe Mina/Mena are probably too close to the mom's name to work.

I like both Rohan and Luka for a boy--great cross-cultural choices, IMO.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet