Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reginanoctis View Post
    Poor Offer, Gift, et cetera ... I like Glød though.

I looked up some of my favourites, most were approved but not all:
    "Du søgte på Altea. Navnet er ikke godkendt som fornavn."
    "Du søgte på Vendel. Navnet er ikke godkendt som fornavn."
    I'm glad I'm on the other side of Kattegatt, then ... Althea is approved though, and I suppose both Altea and Vendel would go through quite easily?
    Glød sounds warm and comfortable, it sounds like an ancient name from the Norse mythology

You wouldn't have any problem getting Altea approved when Althea already is approved.
    Vendel, I think, would also go through easily because Vendela is approved (it's strange because I was almost 100% sure that Wendel was approved, but apparently it isn't).
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Glød sounds warm and comfortable, it sounds like an ancient name from the Norse mythology

You wouldn't have any problem getting Altea approved when Althea already is approved.
    Vendel, I think, would also go through easily because Vendela is approved (it's strange because I was almost 100% sure that Wendel was approved, but apparently it isn't).
    That's what I thought. Not that I plan to name a baby in Denmark, but you never know ...

Some of my odder, Latin favourites aren't approved either: Bonifatius, Fortunata/-us (not very surprising) and Desideria (a little more unexpected, it's not that unusual in Sweden). And not Tuve either, despite being the name of several old ancestors from Skåne - I thought it might get at least some use in Denmark?

I had to look up if there are any Glöd in Sweden - apparently not! One Glöda though.

When I was little, my brother and I played a superheroes game. My superhero name was always Dyne the Amazing. Now I know what it means.. eek! Duvet the Amazing, swooping down to save the world!

Quote Originally Posted by reginanoctis View Post
    That's what I thought. Not that I plan to name a baby in Denmark, but you never know ...

Some of my odder, Latin favourites aren't approved either: Bonifatius, Fortunata/-us (not very surprising) and Desideria (a little more unexpected, it's not that unusual in Sweden). And not Tuve either, despite being the name of several old ancestors from Skåne - I thought it might get at least some use in Denmark?

I had to look up if there are any Glöd in Sweden - apparently not! One Glöda though.
    Tuve may not be approved but Tuva is (and it's really growing in popularity, I know two little Tuva's already). Desideria also surprise me, it is a Scandinavian Queen's name after all (Désirée Clary), it particularly surprises me because names like Sok and Gift are approved and a old Latin name like that isn't, hmm.

Gløda is a sweet name too, maybe even sweeter than "just" Glød because of the ending.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Tuve may not be approved but Tuva is (and it's really growing in popularity, I know two little Tuva's already). Desideria also surprise me, it is a Scandinavian Queen's name after all (Désirée Clary), it particularly surprises me because names like Sok and Gift are approved and a old Latin name like that isn't, hmm.

Gløda is a sweet name too, maybe even sweeter than "just" Glød because of the ending.
    I always find it fascinating how there can be such differences between these countries.

Denmark: Der er to eller færre personer med fornavnet 'Desideria'
    Norway: Det er 3, 2, 1 eller 0 kvinner som har Desideria som første fornavn.
    Sweden: Det finns 794 kvinnor som har förnamnet Desideria.

And I just can't stop giggling at Sok. I would guess it's Asian, but still.