Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Very jealous of you ottilie! I've always wanted to visit Denmark. And one of the reasons I like the name Christian is because it reminds me of little Prince Christian who is so cute

As for the names, I love Ludo. I'm surprised it wasn't already an accepted name, unless it has a meaning in Danish?

Oh, yes, Copenhagen is one of the best European cities! Love it! And, Mads has a gorgeous voice... well, all of him is gorgeous really
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

wow, that's a lot of new and unusual names. Was the list longer and you just included the more interesting ones?

Do you have to state your case for why you want a certain name? A lot of these seem really obscure for a country who works off a specific list. I would think there would be more "normal" names that or names from other cultures that people would want to use and can't. Names like Laban and Ludo that are names in other countries.

How long is the actual list?--total names available for use?
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Very jealous of you ottilie! I've always wanted to visit Denmark. And one of the reasons I like the name Christian is because it reminds me of little Prince Christian who is so cute

As for the names, I love Ludo. I'm surprised it wasn't already an accepted name, unless it has a meaning in Danish?
    Christian is adorable, but not so little anymore. He has really grown lately.

Ludo means ... Ludo, as in the board game
    But the whole point of the name "laws" or whatever it's called, is to avoid embarrassment for the child (which I think we can conclude is gonna happen with some of the names up there) and I think there would be some teasing if a Danish kid was named Ludo ("hey Ludo, tell Scrabble I said hello!").

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Oh, yes, Copenhagen is one of the best European cities! Love it! And, Mads has a gorgeous voice... well, all of him is gorgeous really
    Indeed, though he has an unfortunate habit of taking on ... ahem, less flattering roles
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I was surprised to see that we (I'm German) share some words like Sommer,Gift, Engel and Europa. First I thought the Danish naming laws must be even stricter than the German ones because at least here it's not that difficult to get a new name approved. If it is a name. Names that have meanings like "boy" or "poison" wouldn't get approved I'm pretty sure. Poor Offer. (the German word is Opfer, just the idea of it as a name is shocking)