Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Magdalena

Thank you all for your feedback - ahh, so difficult! I think I may be leaning slightly towards Marguerite though? Or not... Anyway, thank you.

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I definitely think of Mary Magdalene when I hear it. But to me that is a good thing.

I also associate it with an unpleasant rhyming song from grade school. And a Perfect Circle song my jerk ex boyfriend loved. LOL! So there are lots of associations for me but I still like it. Magda is a great nn.

I do not like Marguerite at all.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Nadia . Grace . Emerald

@missusaytch - haha, I suppose, in a way, it is a good thing that there are so many negative associations for you and yet you still like it! (I haven't heard either song though...) However, I really love Marguerite because of The Scarlet Pimpernel *sigh*. Confusion... Anyway, thank you!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I love Magdalena.

Only reason it's not higher on my list is because I'm really not a fan of the nn Maggie (I know there are a bunch of other NN options for Magdalena, including Magda, Lena, Lennie, Meg, etc. but I think it's gonna be hard to get away from Maggie no matter how hard you push for another one...even if you call her Magda at home, people away from home will gravitate toward Maggie unless they are corrected consistently) Anyways if Maggie doesn't bother you, then I think it's a way better name than Marguerite! I've never been a fan of Marguerite, too many different vowels. I'd rather just have Margaret or my nerdy favorite, Margaery (from A Song Of Fire And Ice!)
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

@capturedcastle - I was hoping that Lena might catch on for Magdalena, but I know you're right and that Maggie will be difficult to escape. Not that I really dislike Maggie that much, but I prefer Lena so much more...Margaery is very cool though! Thank you very much.

(Also, sorry, your username is brilliant - I Captured the Castle is one of my favourite books, and Cassandra one of my favourite names!)