Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why "v"?

Why "v"?

One of the more interesting trends right now is the "v" trend. How did this unusual and unassuming letter work itself into so many of the hip names of right now?

What do you think? Do you think it will be around for long? What is your favorite V name?

Did it come about with the Emily>>Emma>>Eva (to Ava) progression that sometimes happens?

I think I like Genevieve and Vivian and Eve best. I really do like Eva and Ava as well, but they are so short and so common that I think they will have a hard time feeling fresh. I would be happy to be wrong though.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Favourite "v-names":
    Girls: Vera, Ivalo, Avalon, Hedvig, Davina, Evelyn, Vesper and Victoria.
    Boys: David, Vilhelm, Vincent and Akiva.
    Last edited by shvibziks; February 10th, 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

i love the names Vida. or Veda.

I think V is an unusual letter, and all things unusual are popular now. It just an extra bit of pizazz.

My favorite V names:
    Verity
    Violet
    Ivy
    Ginevra
    Guinevere
    Aviva
    Flavia
    Avia
    Maeve
    Octavia
    Olive

For boys:
    Octavian
    Vincent
    Evren
    Levi
    Viggo
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

I have loved V names for several years now, favorites being Virginia, Valencia, Vienna, Victoire and Vionnet. I think they have an almost sultry sound, reminding people of words like Vixen, Voluptuous, Velvet, Vivacious, Vanity, Victorious, Virtuous! That's the appeal to me anyway. V names always sound exotic and wonderful!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye