Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: boy name help!

Hybrid View

boy name help!

Im still early in my pregnancy, and nervous since i had a m/c in the fall at 12 weeks, but of course i cant stop thinking about names should this baby stick, and we are ever so blessed

We have a beautiful almost 3 year old daughter named Anneke (pronounced the european way of ON NE KE)

Anneke June

If we have a girl next we are pretty set on Beatrice. no back up, which may be dangerous!

A boy we have more trouble with. I loved Feliks, but not my husband, and now i have a friend with a Felix. not a close friend, but we still see them for play dates here and there. so Feliks is out, but i may use for a middle name. So many people i know have the names we love; so we have come up with a few we love that we dont know ANY ONE with the names! our backgrounds are easter european (Czech) and Dutch. We live in southwestern Ontario, Canada. Anneke gets mispronounced sometimes, but, not usually after ppl hear the proper pronunciation, and/or a lot of older folks know an Anneke so they know the proper pronunciation.

Levon (LEE VON) nn Lee or Levi, we prefer Levi

Arlo (does Anneke and Arlo sound too cheesy, or actually pair well??)

Leif (LEAF)

i really like Viggo but husband not at all!

Larson nn Lars

what does everyone think, any suggestions? thanks everyone!

Levi sounds amazing. I've always loved that name!

Some suggestions:

Dano [czech]
    Dushan [czech]
    Miklos [czech]
    Decimus [latin but still pretty]
    Calix or Caliks [maybe instead of Feliks?]
    Zevi [variation of Levi?]
    Niko or Nikos [greek]
    Bentley Jacoby // Parker Rhys // Adam Marcus // Augustus Lee
    Shayenne Josie // Mckenna Lehane // Percy Annabeth // Nirvana Sage

thanks for the reply so soon! love it.
    we have friends with a niko, so thats out, i do love it too!
    i do like Miklos, but not as much as the others.
    i like nickname names, so thats why i like Levon, and nn. levi. and so far the only levi i know is the son of a facebook friend, who i never see in real life, and we only knew each other from a yoga and baby class 3 years ago, we chat occasionally on each others facebook posts.
    Caliks, is very interesting, but i kno wmy hubby wouldnt like it.

thanks! keep the replies comin'!

I love your idea of Arlo. I think Anneke and Arlo work very well together. I also like Leif, but Ive only ever heard it pronounced LAYF, as in Ericson. Larson works well with Anneke, though I can't say I like it very much. Levon seems out of place.

Some other ideas:
    Leon
    Ezra
    Lucas
    Finn
    Simon
    Jonas
    Lionel
    Theron
    Stellan
    Magnus
    Hugo
    Oscar
    Liam
    Axel
    Anton
    Evren
    Julius
    Jules
    Miles
    Alban
    August
    Caspar
    Emil (eh MEEl)
    Elliot
    Noel
    Milo
    Matteo
    Colin
    Last edited by mei_mei; February 10th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.
    Little Sparker coming next July.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

Anneke June is such a beautiful name! I love it. I wish you all the best with your pregnancy.

Levon. Is this pr LEEvon or LeeVON ? Not sure which syllable to put the emphasis on. If it's LEEvon, it sounds like the words "Leave on," to me, and that puts me off. Hmm. How about Leon? It's quite popular in Europe yet perhaps more familiar in pronunciation over here. Or Leos, Czech form of Leo. If you love Levi, I would just go with that as a first name though. Levi Feliks works well!

Arlo. I really like this name. I happen to like Anneke and Arlo, I think it's adorable NOT cheesy.

Leif. Anneke and Leif just doesn't have the same ring to it as your other choices, for me.

Larson. I like this. Lars is a great nickname, a Dutch (and many other languages I know) classic. Nameberry's official descrip: "Lars is a perfect candidate for a cross-cultural passport: it has been heard often enough here to sound familiar and friendly, yet retains the charisma of a charming foreigner." At this moment, Anneke June & Larson Feliks is my favorite combination!

Suggestions based on your likes:

Ruben
    Nelson nn Nels
    Kristo
    Willem nn Will
    Michal nn Misha
    Tomas
    Filip
    Roan
    Thor
    Dominik
    Mirek
    Otto
    Stephan (STEFF-un, not STEE-vun)
    Viktor
    Fenn
    Last edited by peanut; February 10th, 2013 at 10:44 PM.