Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What would you name Kate and Will's baby?

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the royal baby purely for the name. So, my question is, what would you name the royal baby? Something purely classic like Eleanor? Or classic and on-trend like Charlotte? I hope they use Diana in the middle spot- how sweet would that be?! Anyways, I'll be patiently waiting for Kate's due date, but until then, lets collaborate royal baby names!!
    Mother to William Joseph with baby Iris Corinne due at the end of March

I think a lot of the speculation I've heard so far will be spot on. For a royal couple like Will and Kate it's not going to be as easy as "Oh, we really love Emmeline and it's not been used in the family before." Would a Princess Emmeline be adorable? You'd better believe it, and I would love to see a little Princess Emmeline, but I honestly don't think it will happen. Not for their first baby. I've seen lists of what names will likely be used, and I would almost bet the baby's name will be on that list. I would love to see a little Prince Charles/Charlie, Princess Emmeline/Princess Arabella, but I know none of those will really happen, especially with Charles already being around. From some of the lists I'd seen, I would love to see them use Helena or Charlotte for a girl, or Frederick or Leopold for a boy.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I think a lot of the speculation I've heard so far will be spot on. For a royal couple like Will and Kate it's not going to be as easy as "Oh, we really love Emmeline and it's not been used in the family before." Would a Princess Emmeline be adorable? You'd better believe it, and I would love to see a little Princess Emmeline, but I honestly don't think it will happen. Not for their first baby. I've seen lists of what names will likely be used, and I would almost bet the baby's name will be on that list. I would love to see a little Prince Charles/Charlie, Princess Emmeline/Princess Arabella, but I know none of those will really happen, especially with Charles already being around. From some of the lists I'd seen, I would love to see them use Helena or Charlotte for a girl, or Frederick or Leopold for a boy.

I agree with you, I love Emmeline or Arabella. I think they should use something outside the family. It's uncreative and boring to just name the child the same names that have been used for generations. I wouldn't protest Elizabeth- even though it's overused in the Royal Family, I still adore the name. I like the name Lila also. Very feminine and unexpected. But I doubt they'd use that.

For a boy, I bet it would be William. It would be nice if they could let the kid have his own identity, though.

I would be surprised if they had a girl and didn't name her Diana.

Matilda. As I mentioned in the 'royal baby'-thread, Empress Matilda was the first female ruler of England (though she was never crowned Queen and merely was called 'Lady of the English'). It would be nice to honour her considering that she never really was a Queen, and the name is modern again, so they could keep in style with time.

For secondary names (since technically, royals don't have middle names), I hope they'll stir clear of Diana references. Not that I have the slightest thing against her, just that I'm not fond of any of her names (neither Diana nor Frances, though Frances is the lesser of two evils). I'd love to see the Princess Royal honoured as well as Caroline being used (as a more regal version of Catherine's mothers name, Carole). Another namesake could be Alexandra (for Queen Alexandra, wife of Edward VII), Mary (for Queen Mary, wife of George V), Marina (for Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark, wife of George, the Duke of Kent), Alice (for Princess Alice of Battenberg, mother of the Duke of Edinburgh), Philippa (for the Duke of Edinburgh and Philippa Middleton) and Margaret (for Princess Margaret).

Overall, I think I would name a future Queen of the United Kingdom: Matilda Caroline Margaret Anne or Matilda Caroline Alexandra Mary, can't decide between the two.

Other names: Alexandra Elizabeth Margaret Rose (it would be such a lovely tribute to Princess Margaret to use both of her beautiful names), Alice Marina Caroline Victoria, Victoria Elizabeth Philippa Mary, Anne Philippa Elizabeth Matilda or Mary Alexandra Caroline Alice.

What I think a little Princess will be called: Matilda Caroline Frances Elizabeth or Eleanor Caroline Philippa Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    I would be surprised if they had a girl and didn't name her Diana.
    As a secondary name, perhaps. As a first name? Nope, strongly doubt that's gonna happen (a girl will be the Queen of England once for god's sake, Queen Diana isn't very regal, and naming a girl Diana would further increase the comparisons between Diana and her granddaughter which just wouldn't be fair to the girl).
    Last edited by shvibziks; February 10th, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"